2017 Open House
Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017
9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Enjoy a tour of our beautiful campus located on a 524-acre wildlife and nature preserve.
MBA Morning Mixer
Discover more about the value of a UHCL MBA degree by meeting with faculty, students and alumni.
Meet and Learn
Open House is the perfect opportunity to meet with knowledgeable faculty & staff to have all of your questions answered.
No Application Fee
Be one of the first to apply! When you apply at Open House, your $45 application fee will be waived!
UHCL is offering On-the-Spot Admissions to Open House attendees. Come with a few necessities and get admitted during the event!**
Bring a Friend
Bring friends and family to enjoy music and fun!
*The $45 application fee will not be assessed for students who submit an application
during Open House. International students will have $45 deducted from their application
fee. Some restrictions apply.
**With official transcripts (which will not be returned), required test scores and immunization records. Not available for all majors.
Financial Aid Made Easy - We can help you complete your FAFSA application.
Financial challenges should not stop you from completing your education, so we offer services and opportunities for students seeking financial aid. Visit our Financial Aid Headquarters during Open House to learn about scholarships and financial assistance. We also can help you complete your FAFSA application. For assistance, please bring the following:
- Your most recent income tax return (or your parents’ return if you are a dependent)
- Your current bank statements
- Your current investment records (if any)
- Records of any untaxed income you may have received
- Your driver’s license or other government-issues photo ID
- Your social security number (and your parents’ if you are a dependent)
- If you are not a U.S. citizen: your alien registration or permanent resident card
All students wishing to participate in On-The-Spot Admissions must bring official transcripts (sealed and no older than 60 days) from all previous colleges/universities and required test scores with them to the event. These documents will not be returned. Documents submitted to UHCL prior to the event cannot be accessed for On-The-Spot Admissions. Graduate Accounting, MHA, Behavioral Analysis and Behavioral Analysis Certification, Counseling, Professional, School and I/O Psychology, Family Therapy, Digital Media, Literature, Nursing, international, doctoral and freshman students are not eligible for On-The-Spot Admissions. In addition, students interested in College of Education and College of Science and Engineering graduate programs are not eligible. Also, MBA and joint MBA/MHA students who are not eligible for a test score exemption are not eligible. Although on-the-spot admission decisions are not available during the event, this event is a wonderful opportunity to get more information about our programs and submit documents to complete your application file.
Application Fee Waiver
The $45 application fee will not be assessed to students who attend and apply at Open House. International students will have $45 deducted from their application fee. Some restrictions for graduate program application fees apply.
Any person needing an accommodation for a disability in order to participate in this program should contact the Office of Admissions at 281-283-2515 or OpenHouseRSVP@uhcl.edu at least one week prior to the event to arrange for the accommodation.
Traveling From Out of Town?
With students from over 49 different countries, we welcome guests traveling out of town to attend our events and stay nearby. The hotels listed below are the closest accommodations in proximity to University of Houston-Clear Lake.
- Candlewood Suites: 2737 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-461-3060 **Closest proximity to UHCL Campus
- Comfort Suites: 16931 N Texas Ave., Webster, Texas | 281-554-5400
- Hampton Inn & Suites: 506 W. Bay Area Blvd., Webster, Texas | 281-332-7952
- Holiday Inn: 302 W Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-335-6272
- Homewood Suites (Hilton): 401 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-486-2424
- La Quinta Inn & Suites: 520 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-554-5290
- Residence Inn (Marriott): 525 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-486-7677
- Townplace Suites (Marriott): 1050 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas 77058 | 281-286-2132
Directions to UHCL