Obtaining a Passport
If you do not already have a valid passport, you will need to apply for one. OIAP is not an authorized location where you can apply for a passport.
To apply for a U.S. Passport you need the following documentation:
- A completed application (form DS-11) for first time and renewal applicants.
- Proof of citizenship ORIGINAL (not a photocopy).
- Birth Certificate (Must be issued by the State not by the Hospital)
- Naturalization Certificate
- Valid state ID (driver license, ID card)
- Two passport photos
- 5. Appropriate fees. The application fee has to be paid with a check or money order payable to the “U.S. Department of State.”
More details can be found on the Department of State website.
Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport
If your passport has been lost or stolen, you should report it immediately to protect yourself against identity theft and to prevent someone else from using the passport. The Department of State website has detailed information.