Mathematical Sciences M.S./ Statistics M.S.
Bright Employment Outlook for Mathematicians and Statisticians
Mathematical and statistics skills are valued across a wide range of occupations, including business, physics, accounting, drafting, finance, engineering and even healthcare. Your combined Master of Science degrees in Statistics and Mathematical Sciences from University of Houston-Clear Lake will showcase your ability to bring your numerical expertise to bear on nearly any research. You will possess the ultimate portable skill: formulas are the same all over the world, so you’re equipped to take a dynamic role in a leadership position in any company worldwide.
Help Your Company Crunch Those Numbers
Because of the availability of data and the ease with which it can now be collected,
companies are searching for experts who can use the information to help them make
crucial decisions to their best advantage. Candidates with combined degrees such as
this prove to be especially appealing to a diverse set of employers.
Request InfoHow to ApplyVisitProgram Information
Take your education to new heights in University of Houston-Clear Lake's College of Science and Engineering. Learn the next steps to being admitted now.
- Math M.S.
Standard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
- 3.0 GPA
- GRE Requirements:
- GRE has been waived for those who apply for the Summer and Fall 2021 semesters. The GRE waiver will be automatically applied after successful submission of the admission application.
- GRE Total Score of 290 (150 Quantitative)
- Additional Requirements – Undergraduate degree in Math; Students with other degrees may apply if undergraduate course work includes a substantial number of advanced credit hours in math courses.
- Statistics M.S.
Standard Graduate Admission Deadline
A standard university application is required.
- A 4-year bachelor's degree with a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- GRE with a minimum Quantitative score of 152.
- Note: The GRE requirement will be waived for applicants that have satisfy either of
- A GPA of at least 3.3 in foundation courses: MATH 2318, MATH 2413, and MATH 2414, or
- A GPA of at least 3.0 in foundation courses: MATH 2318, MATH 2413, and MATH 2414) and (a GPA of at least 3.5 in STAT 4344 and STAT 4345.
- Note: The GRE requirement will be waived for applicants that have satisfy either of the following:
- Additional Comment - Holding an undergraduate degree in mathematics, engineering, computing, or sciences would be an advantage. However, any college graduate can be successful in this program if they have completed a course in Linear Algebra and the undergraduate calculus sequence. Prospective students that have not taken these courses should talk to academic advisors about how to enroll in those courses with post-baccalaureate status.
Get ready to calculate the course load for your education at University of Houston-Clear Lake! Learn more about the courses required to succeed here in the College of Science and Engineering.Mathematics M.S./Statistics M.S.
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
FallNew Degree-Seeking Students - August 1
Returning UHCL Students - August 15
SpringNew Degree-Seeking Students - January 5
Returning UHCL Students - January 15
SummerNew Degree-Seeking Students - May 1
Returning UHCL Students - May 25
Please note, some graduate programs have special deadlines and requirements. For more information, go to How to Apply as a Graduate Student. Check the status of your application online through E-Services using your UHCL student ID.
The UHCL application is available online through Apply Texas. The online application is scheduled to close for Graduate students after the Formal UHCL Student deadline of each semester.
Applying After the Priority Deadline
New, non-degree seeking, and returning UHCL students applying after the deadlines above may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the appropriate graduate enrollment counselor for more information. A $50.00 Late Registration Fee or $50.00 Late Payment may apply.
Review the UHCL Academic Calendar for registration and payment dates and deadlines.
- International Deadlines
Final - April 1
Document Deadline - April 15
Early Fall Deadline - Computer Science, Computer Information System, Data Science, Software Engineering Final - February 4
Final - October 1
Document Deadline - October 15
Early Spring Deadline - Computer Science, Computer Information System, Data Science, Software Engineering Final - August 1
Final - March 1
Document Deadline - March 15
Early Summer Deadline - Computer Science, Computer Information System, Data Science, Software Engineering Final - February 4
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.