Be a Top Leader in Healthcare with an MHA/MBA
While an MBA enables you to be a business manager, a joint MHA/MBA from UHCL empowers
you for a career as a top-level executive in the healthcare industry. Courses taught
online and face-to-face will enhance your knowledge of global business, corporate
finance and decision-making. You will learn from experienced professors in the heart
of the Texas Medical Center, which will give you opportunities for networking, internships
and your future career.
Students in the Healthcare Administration Program have been awarded several noteworthy honors, including receiving:
- First place at the annual National Association of Health Services Executives Student Case Competition in fall 2020.
- First place at the UT School of Public Health Fleming Center Case Competition in spring 2020.
- Second place in the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) Case Competition in fall 2019 (2020 competition planned for November).
- Three of five scholarships by the American College of Healthcare Executives South East Texas Chapter in fall 2020.
- Three of 11 national MGMA scholarships in fall 2020.
Convenient Course Options
Each course in the MHA/MBA program is eight weeks long, giving you convenient options to earn your degree:
- Full-time, 24 months: two courses per eight-week term across the fall, spring and summer semesters
- Part-time, 48 months: one course per eight-week term across the fall, spring and summer semesters
- Hybrid: Half of your time in each course will be spent in a classroom setting, and the other half of each course will be completely online
$151,170: average annual salary for healthcare financial managers in Texas (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
MHA/MBA students take advantage of internships at:
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- St. CHI Luke's Patient Medical Center
We're excited that you want to enroll in UHCL’s College of Business. Find out what it takes to join us.
Admission DeadlineStandard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
Criteria that require submission of a standardized test score:
Less than 3.000 cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework and submission of GMAT score (GRE acceptable for MHA).
Criteria that waive a standardized test requirement:
- 3.000 cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework; and Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a country where English is the native language or from an accredited college or university in a country on the SBEC-approved list of countries; or
- Earned a graduate or professional degree from a country where English is the native language or on the SBEC-approved list of countries; or
- Earned a Ph.D., M.D., Ed.D., D.D.S. or J.D. from accredited U.S. institution (or U.S. licensure).
Applications for the MHA/MBA must also submit:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Personal statement of career goals
Each course of study in the College of Business here at University of Houston-Clear
Lake has specific degree requirements you must fulfill to graduate. Find out more
Start your college budget today with a look at possible costs for your degree from the UHCL College of Business.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
Spring 2021New Degree-Seeking Students - January 5
Former UHCL Students - January 5
Summer 2021New Degree-Seeking Students - May 1
Former UHCL Students - May 25
Fall 2021New Degree-Seeking Students - August 1
Former UHCL Students - August 18
Please note, some graduate programs have special requirements and different deadlines from those above. For more information visit How to Apply.
Former UHCL Students and non-degree seeking students applying after the deadlines above may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the appropriate graduate enrollment counselor for more information.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.
UH-Clear Lake Texas Medical Center
2151 West Holcombe
Houston, TX 77030
One of the leading centers of healthcare research and delivery around the globe, the Texas Medical Center gives UHCL the opportunity to offer four different healthcare-related degrees to working professionals.
Accreditations and Distinctions
The UHCL MBA program is ranked among the best MBA programs in Texas 2020 by College Consensus.