Increase Your Technical Career Potential
The Master of Science in Engineering Management is specifically designed to help students with an engineering background develop business and management skills to increase their career potential. As a graduate of the program, you’ll be qualified for positions that require both technical and administrative skills. You may find an opportunity as a manager of engineering, projects, operations, production or systems. You may also land a role as a system analyst or process improvement consultant, among other related positions.
Your Pathway Toward a Dynamic Career Begins Here
This program offers flexibility to accommodate your busy schedule, with courses available
at UHCL, Pearland and online. To complement the Master of Science in Engineering Management, you have
the option to earn the Project Management and Six Sigma (PMSS) Green Belt or the SAP Student Recognition Award (SRA) within a four-year time limit with grades of B or better:
Project Management and Six Sigma (PMSS) Green Belt
- EMGT 5230 Negotiation Strategies
- EMGT 5231 Engineering Management Planning
- EMGT 5331 Six Sigma Quality
- EMGT 5430 Professional Project Management
EMGT 5632 Logistics Management
EMGT 5730 Fundamentals of Enterprise Resource Planning Software
EMGT 5731 Business Analytics
Request InformationHow to ApplyVisit
Take your education to new heights in University of Houston-Clear Lake's College of Science and Engineering. Learn the next steps to being admitted now.
- Engineering Management M.S.
The EMGT program offers a holistic review process, in which, applications are reviewed based upon academic degree, work experience, GPA within the last 60 hours of course work, and GRE if submitted.
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
- Science, engineering, or other disciplines related to Engineering Management.
- If applicants have a bachelor's degree from other disciplines, then, at least one year of work experience in a technical field is required.
- Recommended minimum of GPA of 3.0 on the last 60 credits.
- GRE of 290 with verbal 140 and 145 quantitative Or GMAT of 500 with minimum quantitative score of 35.
- GRE/GMAT is waived if one of the following conditions is met.
- Applicants with a GPA 3.0 or above.
- Applicants with at least one year of post-graduate full-time work experience in a technical field.
- Resume summarizing applicants' career objectives and professional experience.
- Two letters of reference from academic advisors or supervisors at work who can verify applicant's employment history.
- These are required documents and must be submitted for your application to be processed.
Get ready to calculate the course load for your education at University of Houston-Clear Lake! Learn more about the courses required to succeed here in the College of Science and Engineering.
Crunch the numbers on the costs for a degree from the UHCL College of Science and Engineering.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
Summer 2020New Degree-Seeking Students - May 18 (Extended)
Former UHCL Students - May 25
Fall 2020New Degree-Seeking Students - August 10 (Extended)
Former UHCL Students - August 10
Spring 2021New Degree-Seeking Students - December 1
Former UHCL Students - January 19
Please note, some graduate programs have special requirements and different deadlines from those above. For more information visit How to Apply.
Former UHCL Students and non-degree seeking students applying after the deadlines above may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the appropriate graduate enrollment counselor for more information.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.
Bayou Building, Room 1406
2700 Bay Area Blvd
Houston, TX 77058
Make the most of a hectic schedule and study from home or the office through UHCL Online, offering the same level of excellence for more than 20 undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs.
UH-Clear Lake at Pearland
1200 Pearland Pkwy
Pearland, Texas 77581
Since 2010, University of Houston-Clear Lake at Pearland has proudly served as an upper-level institution serving juniors, seniors, and graduate students in fields like business and behavioral science.