Develop the Skills to Assume a Top Administrative Position in School
With a Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership from University of Houston-Clear Lake's College of Education, you will have the skills to become an educational leader who can effect broader change. UHCL’s program provides extensive development in sound research and administrative practices so educational leaders thrive in current and future educational environments. You will develop greater expertise while gaining an extensive understanding of educational leadership theory and practice through case studies, data collection, and field experience. You’ll achieve your goal of obtaining a key administrative position at any level from elementary through high school or at the district office level, and you’ll acquire relevant skills to influence key decisions in administration and academics while applying cutting-edge research and management tools in responding to critical issues.
Stand Out in your Field. Become a Policy Maker and Researcher
UHCL’s leading doctoral program is taught primarily by faculty with doctorates, many
from major research universities. Our individualized student approach provides the
support for you to personally excel. These factors, combined with our fiscally sound
in-state tuition, demonstrate the quality and value our program delivers.
Request InformationHow to ApplyVisit
Eager to make your dreams come true by studying at UHCL? Make sure you have what it takes to begin your journey to success.
- Educational Leadership Ed.D.
Fall 2021: June 1st (Deadline extended July 15th)
Both university and program applications are required.
- Master's Degree from an Accredited Institution
- A combined score of 297 on the Verbal and Quantitative portions of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and a minimum score of 4.0 on the Analytical Writing portion of the GRE. The GRE must have been taken within the last five years. In the application process for the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership, applicants have the option of providing a writing sample, where the writing activity is proctored at UHCL, in lieu of the GRE.
The following documents must be uploaded to your UHCL E-Services account (assigned after you have completed the ApplyTexas online application):
- Letter of Intent - Please structure your letter as follows:
- Paragraph I - Why do you wish to pursue a doctoral-level degree in Education Leadership?
- Paragraph 2 - What are your career goals and how will this degree help you accomplish your long-term goals?
- Paragraph 3 - What are your research interests as they relate to education?
- Paragraph 4 - What are your scholarly and professional accomplishments as they relate to your educational leadership?
- Paragraph 5 - How does your prior work experience relate to your interest in the doctoral program focusing on educational leadership?
- Three reference forms - At least one reference must be from a supervisor or other administrator familiar with the applicant's work. If possible, at least one of the Reference Forms should be from a professor involved in the applicant's master's program.
- Letter of Support from Employer
Educate yourself on the necessary course work at University of Houston-Clear Lake. We want you to succeed in the College of Education, so review the degree requirements for your preferred major.
Get schooled on the projected costs for tuition, books, supplies and more for your education degree from UHCL.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
UH-Clear Lake at Pearland
1200 Pearland Pkwy
Pearland, Texas 77581
Since 2010, University of Houston-Clear Lake at Pearland has proudly served as an upper-level institution serving juniors, seniors, and graduate students in fields like business and behavioral science.
Accreditations and Distinctions
The College of Education is accredited by the State Board for Educator Certification/Texas Education Agency.
We’ve earned national recognition for accomplishment and innovation, including the Christa McAuliffe Award for Excellence in Teacher Education.