Computer Engineering M.S.
You Can Drive the Innovation and Technology Changing the World
Computer Engineering is an interdisciplinary field of study that combines electrical engineering and computer science into a specialized field of practice. The plan addresses the evaluation, design and implementation of computer systems for various applications. Computer engineers improve computers and computing systems and upon completion of your degree, you will be heavily in demand for highly coveted, well-compensated leadership roles across business and industry.
Teaching, Research and Coursework Options Tailored to Your Interests
You can choose either extended coursework option or thesis option, which is more research oriented, based on your career goals. Current specialization areas within the Computer Engineering program include:
- Embedded system design
- Digital signal and image processing
- Integrated circuits and systems
- Communication and networks
You will have the opportunity of conducting research in capstone or thesis courses under the guidance of a program faculty.
The faculty members with extensive industry and academic experiences are considered
as experts in their fields and have all the necessary skills in order to give theoretical
knowledge and hands-on practical experience to our students. Our local community -
which includes NASA Johnson Space Center and major international companies - provides
unique resources and experiences to our students.
Request InfoHow to ApplyVisitProgram Webpage
Explore what the future holds for you by attending University of Houston-Clear Lake's
College of Science and Engineering. Find out now what it takes to be admitted.
- Computer Engineering M.S.
Admission DeadlineStandard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or other disciplines related to Computer Engineering
- If GPA >= 3.0/4.0 GRE requirements will be waived if at least one of the following
conditions is met:
- The applicant received a B.S. degree from an ABET-accredited program.
- The applicant has at least 2 years of industry or government work experience in a program related field after receiving BS degree. One recommendation letter from a supervisor or an employment verification letter is needed to verify the work experience)
- The applicant has another master's degree
- If 2.5 <= GPA < 3, GRE Quant. >= 155 and GRE total >= 290
- If 2.2 <= GPA < 2.5, GRE Quant. >= 160 and GRE total >= 290
- Foundation Courses: Digital Circuits, Electronics, Computer Architecture, Microcontroller Programming, Microprocessor Interfacing, Analysis & Design of Linear Systems, Digital System Design, C Programming, Discrete Math, Differential Equations
UHCL’s College of Science and Engineering has created a solid foundation of study designed to help you make your educational dreams a reality. Explore the classes you’ll need to take for your University of Houston-Clear Lake degree.Computer Engineering, M.S.
Crunch the numbers on the costs for a degree from the UHCL College of Science and Engineering.
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
FallNew Degree-Seeking Students - August 1
Returning UHCL Students - August 15
SpringNew Degree-Seeking Students - January 5
Returning UHCL Students - January 15
SummerNew Degree-Seeking Students - May 1
Returning UHCL Students - May 25
Please note, some graduate programs have special deadlines and requirements. For more information, go to How to Apply as a Graduate Student. The online application is scheduled to close for Graduate students after the Formal UHCL Student deadline of each semester.
Applying After the Priority Deadline
New, non-degree seeking, and returning UHCL students applying after the deadlines above may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the appropriate graduate enrollment counselor for more information. A $50.00 Late Registration Fee or $50.00 Late Payment may apply.
Review the UHCL Academic Calendar for registration and payment dates and deadlines.
- International Deadlines
Deadline - May 1
Deadline - October 1
Deadline - April 1
For more information regarding deferring your application, please visit Deferring International Admission.
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.