You Can Drive the Innovation and Technology Changing the World
Computer Engineering is an interdisciplinary field of study that combines electrical engineering and computer science into a specialized field of practice. The plan addresses the evaluation, design and implementation of computer systems for various applications. Computer engineers improve computers and computing systems and upon completion of your degree, you will be heavily in demand for highly coveted, well-compensated leadership roles across business and industry.
Teaching, Research and Coursework Options Tailored to Your Interests
You can choose either extended coursework option or thesis option, which is more research oriented, based on your career goals. Current specialization areas within the Computer Engineering program include:
- Embedded system design
- Digital signal and image processing
- Integrated circuits and systems
- Communication and networks
You will have the opportunity of conducting research in capstone or thesis courses under the guidance of a program faculty.
The faculty members with extensive industry and academic experiences are considered
as experts in their fields and have all the necessary skills in order to give theoretical
knowledge and hands-on practical experience to our students. Our local community -
which includes NASA Johnson Space Center and major international companies - provides
unique resources and experiences to our students.
Request InformationHow to ApplyVisit
Explore what the future holds for you by attending University of Houston-Clear Lake's
College of Science and Engineering. Find out now what it takes to be admitted.
- Computer Engineering M.S.
Standard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
- An undergraduate degree in computer engineering electrical/electronics engineering, computer science or other disciplines related to computer engineering
- If GPA >= 3.0/4.0 GRE requirements will be waived if at least one of the following
conditions is met:
- The applicant received a B.S. degree from an ABET-accredited program.
- The applicant has at least 2 years of industry or government work experience in a program related field after receiving BS degree. One recommendation letter from a supervisor or an employment verification letter is needed to verify the work experience)
- The applicant has another master's degree
- If 2.5 <= GPA < 3, GRE Quant. >= 155 and GRE total >= 290
- If 2.2 <= GPA < 2.5, GRE Quant. >= 160 and GRE total >= 290
UHCL’s College of Science and Engineering has created a solid foundation of study designed to help you make your educational dreams a reality. Explore the classes you’ll need to take for your University of Houston-Clear Lake degree.
Crunch the numbers on the costs for a degree from the UHCL College of Science and Engineering.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
Summer 2021New Degree-Seeking Students - May 1
Former UHCL Students - May 25
Fall 2021New Degree-Seeking Students - August 1
Former UHCL Students - August 18
Please note, some graduate programs have special requirements and different deadlines from those above. For more information visit How to Apply.
Former UHCL Students and non-degree seeking students applying after the deadlines above may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the appropriate graduate enrollment counselor for more information.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.