Office of Title IX and Equal Opportunity Services
The Office of Title IX and Equal Opportunity Services serves all members of the UHCL community. Our partner, the Center for Student Advocacy and Community (CSAC) is a resource for student programming and support.
The mission of the Office of Title IX and Equal Opportunity Services at the UHCL is simple, it is to promote an academically, socially and culturally inclusive and enriching climate, leveraged for all members of the UHCL community and beyond. One where its members are free to learn, expand and challenge. We also seeks to foster the platform that recognizes citizenship as well as scholarship in student and community development. Through inclusive leadership excellence and strategic planning, we purpose to empower students, faculty, and staff in building a diverse and inclusive campus community. The Office of Title IX and Equal Opportunity Services strives to be transformative in purpose...facilitating actionable and sustainable efforts to transition our community into a space where all will be positioned for growth and one's voice and value recognized, in an ever-changing global community.
Over the next 3 to 5 years, the Office of Title IX and Equal Opportunity Services will set out to posture itself as a resource with subject matter expertise for the following: diversity, equity, inclusion, title ix, affirmative action, cultural competence and inclusive leadership excellence...to also be an office of industry leading practitioners for the UHCL community and beyond. As critically aligned with the universities Strategic plan, purposing to assist UHCL in achieving its mission as a regional, public access, comprehensive HSI. Our vision for excellence includes transforming itself and higher education by attracting, retaining and leveraging the talents of diverse individuals to facilitate first-rate teaching, learning, scholarship and service in a welcoming and inclusive climate.
Areas of Responsibility
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities) 504 and 508
- Title VII and Title IX
- University Policy Violation Investigations
- Educating UHCL of warning signs, next practices and reporting and services
- Disability Discrimination (Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Sex Discrimination (Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972)
- Questions and Answers on the Title IX Regulations on Sexual Harassment (PDF) (July 2021 - United States Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights)
- Race and National Origin Discrimination (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
- Dear Colleague Letters and Other Policy Guidance
IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act)
WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act)
Higher Education Act
- Text of the Higher Education Opportunity Act
- Higher Education Opportunity Act Information Page
- Postsecondary Policy Initiatives
- Dear Partner/Colleague Letters
- Negotiated Rulemaking
- Foreign Gifts and Contracts--Section 117 of the Higher Education Act of 1965