Felix Simieou III, Ph.D.
Interim Associate Dean, Department Chair for Leadership and Policy Analysis and Associate
Professor of Educational Leadership,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Educational Leadership
- School Community Relations
- School and Classroom effects
- Legal and Policy Issues
- Program Evaluation
- Penn, E., Simieou, F., and Laffey, C. (2007). The police and juveniles in Texas. In S. Cox, J. Allen, R. Hanser, & J. Conrad (Eds.), Juvenile Justice 6th Edition, at www.sagepub.com/juvenilejustice6study.
- Simieou, F. Decman, J.M., Grigsby, B. & Schumacher, G. (2010). Lean on me: Peer mentoring with novice principals. International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation, 5(1). Retrieved March 4, 2010, at http://ijelp.expressacademic.org.
- Johnson, D., Jones, L., Simieou, F., Matthew, K., & Morgan, B. (in press). The relationship between grade configuration and standardized science test scores of fifth grade students: What school administrators should know. Journal of At-Risk Issues.
- Simieou, F., Grigsby, B. L., Kajs, L. T., & Matthew, K. I. (2011). Legal issues and responsible practices regarding disability accommodations in postsecondary education. West's Education Law Reporter, 262(1), 9-15
- Grigsby, B., Schumacher, G., Decman, J., & Simieou, F. (2010). A principal's dilemma: Instructional leader or manager. Academic Leadership Journal, 8(3), at http://www.academicleadership.org.
- Decman, J., & Simieou, F. (2009). Review of selected dissertations addressing school public relations, administrator communication, and conflict resolution. Journal of School Public Relations, 29(4), 7-27
- Simieou, F., & Grigsby B. (2008). Positive parenting participation in Title I schools: What's going on. Journal of the Texas Alliance of Black School Educators, 2(1), 5-14.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- ADSU 6233 Principalship
- ADSU 6235 Administration of Special Programs
- ADSU 6437 School Law
- ADSU 6638 School Community Relations
- ADSU 6739 Graduate Internship
- EDLS 7130 Program Evaluation
- EDLS 8939 Dissertation