The Center for Executive Education is proud to partner with Gary Johnson, CPA, MBA, to help individuals interested in owning a small business. Gary has instructed individuals in the critical skills, preparation and practical steps necessary to start and run successful, profitable small businesses for over 20 years. These small business workshops have helped thousands of small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. The knowledge, resources and tools Gary provides has been a foundation of success for individuals seeking the best strategies to ensure their business will be profitable and stand the test of time.
View www.houston-workshop.com for upcoming seminar dates, location, and registration information. Please note: When clicking this link, you will leave UHCL CEE's website and be directed to our contracted partner's website for further information/registration. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact CEE or our contracted partner.
The program consists of 3 seminars:
2-Hour Introductory Workshop that covers:
- How To Slash Hundreds Off Your Taxes
- 20 Biggest Pitfalls in Starting & Running a Small Business
- How To Price Your Product or Service
- How To Start With Very Little Cash
- Advantages of a Corporation & LLC
- How To Select a Location
- Determining How Much Money You'll Need
- Where To Go When the Bank Says "No"... & Much, Much More!
Receive a free 12-page workbook and use this "shirt sleeve" workshop to improve your company's profits or start a successful new business. Bring a pencil, a calculator and your business questions.
Starting a Profitable Small Business
- How To Analyze Your Market (What's Behind the Numbers)
- How To Know When To Start a Business From Scratch VS. Buying One
- 4 Characteristics of a Successful Franchisee
- Where To Find Your Potential Customers
- How To Determine Inventory Supply
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Sole-Proprietors, Partnerships & Corporations
- What Professional Advice You Need Before You Open Your Business & How Much To Pay For It
- How To Get a A Loan... & Much, Much More
Running a Profitable Small Business
- How To Keep Records
- Sales & Advertising How-To's
- How To Attract Good Employees & Keep Them
- How To Handle Collections & Bad Debt
- The Pros & Cons of a Computer
- How To Save Postage
- How To Buy All the Legal Advice You Need For $500 Per Year
- How To Get the IRS to Forget Your Audit, Help Them Lose Track of Your File… & Much, Much More!