Classroom Presentations and Activities
Upon request for classroom presentation, a career counselor will give a presentation either as a guest speaker during a portion of your class or as a substitute lecturer when you are out of town on:
- Resumes, Vitas, and Cover Letters
- Breaking into the job market
- What can you do with your major?
- Career assessments using Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Strong Interest Inventory
Upon request for classroom materials, we can work with you to provide classroom materials on:
- Career development modules
- Student self-understanding tools/assessments
- Salary information
- Job market/economic outlook
- Networking opportunities
- Co-operative Education/Internship
Students can gain on-the-job experience, earn money, and get university credit for their work with flexible work schedules. Comprehensive details are available online.
Current students, alumni and community members are more than welcome to attend our job fairs, networking receptions, employer spotlights and workshops. Some workshops may have a fee.
On-Campus Student Employment
Students may apply for on-campus student jobs (not Work-Study jobs) submitted by UHCL departments and other on-campus employers.