Creating an Atmosphere of Safety, Support and Inclusion
At University of Houston-Clear Lake, our mission isn't just about helping students earn their degree; we also care about our campus community on a personal level. We offer a range of support services that are centered on students, faculty and staff, so when the hitches of life get in the way of your success, you can have a place to turn for help.Report a Crisis Report Sexual Misconduct
The Dean of Students Office serves as the central hub for student-related issues, including registration, orientation and crisis response. Available services include:
- Student Assistance Center (SAC): Provides assistance with enrollment and related topics.
- Pearland Campus Student Services: Provides assistance with academic and personal matters for students at University of Houston-Clear Lake Pearland Campus.
- Orientation and New Student Programs: Provides information for first-year, transfer and international students.
- Housing and Residential Life: Provides housing options for students enrolled at UH-Clear Lake.
- Crisis Awareness Response Emergency (CARE) Team: Provides crisis response for the health and safety of UHCL's community members. To report a crisis, fill out the CARE Team Reporting Form.
- Hawk Emergency Fund: Provides funds for extenuating, unforeseen emergencies which may affect student enrollment, such as a house fire or natural disaster.
- Food Pantry: Provides food items to students in need.
The Office of Title IX/Equity and Diversity helps UHCL to ensure equal opportunity in all of its educational programs and activities,
including employment. The Office of Title IX/Equity and Diversity oversees efforts
to comply with and implement the University of Houston System Sexual Misconduct Policy and Anti-Discrimination Policy. The office also investigates reports of sexual misconduct, discrimination and harassment
and is available to discuss options, provide support, explain policies and procedures,
and provide education on Title IX.
Report Sexual Misconduct
The EAP is a free, confidential service that helps employees balance their work and personal lives. Services include general counseling and consultation for issues like depression, relationship issues and anger management. Employees can also receive legal and financial advice, guidance with creating a will, and assistance with a child care or elder care resource referral.