Serious Games and Simulations B.A.
Develop, Create and Analyze Serious Games and Simulations
Serious games help users learn a skill or perform a task by recreating real-life situations using simulation technology, which are becoming increasingly critical to healthcare, spaceflight, military operations, education and more. Students in the Serious Games and Simulations program will take courses from across all four colleges to become leaders with diverse experience to lead development, design and testing of games.
In the program, you will:
- Learn skills in art and design, computer programming, management, psychology with an interdisciplinary degree plan
- Become fluent in industry software and tools like Unity, Unreal, Adobe Creative suite, and Maya
- Work in UHCL's Serious Games and Simulations Innovation Lab
- Be part of an award-winning team of students who won a top award for work on the educational 3D game 'Code of Aegis' from the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC).
- Get access to professionals and internships through UHCL's partnerships with companies like Tietronix Software, Inc., NASA, Intuitive Machines, Inc. and more.
Become a Leader with Diverse Skills
You can choose between two tracks:
- Art and Design track with a focus on multimedia design
- Programming track with a focus on game development
When you graduate, you'll be equipped to enter computer development positions in media
or software, earning up to $80,000 a year, or take a leadership role in project management,
marketing, or design.
Request InfoHow to ApplyVisit
University of Houston-Clear Lake's College of Human Science and Humanities wants to help you reach your educational goals. Discover the admissions requirements that will let you become the next UHCL Hawk.
- How to Apply as a Freshman Student
- How to Apply as a Transfer Student
- How to Apply as an International Student
This degree has a specific set of courses you’ll need to complete before you can graduate from University of Houston-Clear Lake. Learn more about the classes that will help you complete the requirements of this degree.
Serious Games and Simulations, B.A.
Examine how much it could cost to receive a degree from the College of Human Sciences and Humanities at UHCL.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Freshman Deadlines
Priority - July 15
Final - August 1
Priority - November 1
Final - December 1
Priority - March 1
Final (Summer Session I & II) - May 1
- Transfer Deadlines
Summer 2024Priority - May 1
Summer I Final - May 22
Summer II Final - June 28
Fall 2024Priority - August 1
Final - August 12
Returning UHCL Students - August 14
Spring 2025Priority - December 1
Final - January 6
Returning UHCL Students - January 8
- International Deadlines
Deadline - May 1
Deadline - October 1
Deadline - April 1
For more information regarding deferring your application, please visit Deferring International Admission.
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.