Develop, Create and Analyze Serious Games and Simulations
Serious games help users learn a skill or perform a task by recreating real-life situations
using simulation technology, which are becoming increasingly critical to healthcare,
spaceflight, military operations, education and more. Students in the Serious Games
and Simulations program will take courses from across all four colleges to become
leaders with diverse experience to lead development, design and testing of games.
In the program, you will:
- Learn skills in art and design, computer programming, management, psychology with an interdisciplinary degree plan
- Become fluent in industry software and tools like Unity, Unreal, Adobe Creative suite, and Maya
- Work in UHCL’s Serious Games and Simulations Innovation Lab
- Be part of an award-winning team of students who won a top award for work on the educational 3D game “Code of Aegis” from the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC).
- Get access to professionals and internships through UHCL’s partnerships with companies like Tietronix Software, Inc., NASA, Intuitive Machines, Inc. and more.
Become a Leader with Diverse Skills
You can choose between two tracks:
- Art and Design track with a focus on multimedia design
- Programming track with a focus on game development
When you graduate, you’ll be equipped to enter computer development positions in media
or software, earning up to $80,000 a year, or take a leadership role in project management,
marketing, or design.
Request InformationHow to ApplyVisit
University of Houston-Clear Lake's College of Human Science and Humanities wants to help you reach your educational goals. Discover the admissions requirements that will let you become the next UHCL Hawk.
This degree has a specific set of courses you’ll need to complete before you can graduate from University of Houston-Clear Lake. Learn more about the classes that will help you complete the requirements of this degree.
Degree Plan Degree Map
Examine how much it could cost to receive a degree from the College of Human Sciences and Humanities at UHCL.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Freshman Deadlines
Priority - March 1
Final (Summer Session I & II) - May 1
Priority - July 15
Final - August 1
- Transfer Deadlines
Summer 2021Priority - May 1
Final (Summer Session I) - May 26
Final (Summer Session II) - July 1
Fall 2021Priority - August 13
Final - August 18
Online applications close for transfer students after the Priority Deadline, the application will be extended to January 11th on ApplyTexas for Transfer students. Starting January 12th all transfer students interested in applying for Spring 2021 will need to have all official documents (transcripts from every college or university attended and application fee) in hand and will need to complete a paper application. Students who apply after the priority deadline must submit all required documentation with their paper application to the Office of Admissions and will be processed for late registration.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.