Advance Your Career with an MBA
Gain new skills for effective leadership and management to advance your career with
an MBA from the College of Business at University of Houston-Clear Lake. In our accelerated
program, you cut time earning your degree in half so you can graduate is as little
as 14 months. You have the option to waive your GMAT score so you can focus on coursework.
Our faculty come from the business world with firsthand experience so your projects and assignments give you a strong foundation in marketing, human resources, finance, organizational behavior and leadership.
Flexible Degree Options
At UHCL, you have options to earn your degree on your own time. Each course is eight weeks long* with different formats available.
- Full-time, 14 months: two courses per eight-week term across the fall, spring and summer semesters
- Part-time, 28 months: one course per eight-week term across the fall, spring and summer semesters
- Hybrid: half of your time in each course will be spent in a classroom setting, and the other half of each course will be completely online
- 100% online: all courses offered fully online
*One pre-requisite foundation course may be required.
Get More with Your MBA
- The average salary for UHCL MBA graduates is $74,247.
- 81% of corporations across the world plan to hire MBA graduates (2018 Graduate Management Admission Council)
- MBA, MHA*, MHA/MBA*, MA-HRM, MS-Envr Mgmt, MS-MIS**
Standard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
Criteria that require submission of a standardized test score: Less than 3.000 cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework and submission of GMAT score (GRE acceptable for MHA, HRM and ENVR MGMT)
Criteria that waive a standardized test requirement:
- 3.000 cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework and Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a country where English is the native language
- Earned a graduate degree or professional degree from a country where English is the native language or a Ph.D., M.D., Ed.D., D.D.S. or J.D. from accredited U.S. institution (or U.S. licensure)
** Test Score Waivers for MS Accounting and MS MIS will be effective for Spring 2018 admissions.
Understanding the classes you need to take for your degree in the College of Business
is crucial to planning out your education. Learn how you can pursue success at University
of Houston-Clear Lake.
Put your budding business degree to work with an analysis of the potential costs of your UHCL degree.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
Spring 2019Final - January 22
Summer 2019New Degree-Seeking Students - May 1
Former UHCL Students - May 28
Fall 2019New Degree-Seeking Students - August 1
Former UHCL Students - August 12
Spring 2020New Degree-Seeking Students - December 1
Former UHCL Students - TBA(Early January 2020)
Please note, some graduate programs have special requirements and different deadlines from those above. For more information visit How to Apply.
Former UHCL Students and non-degree seeking students applying after the deadlines above may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the appropriate graduate enrollment counselor for more information.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.
Bayou Building, Room 1406
2700 Bay Area Blvd
Houston, TX 77058
Make the most of a hectic schedule and study from home or the office through UHCL Online, offering the same level of excellence for more than 20 undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs.
Accreditations and Distinctions
|University of Houston-Clear Lake is an accredited member of AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.|