The Thank-A-Professor program is designed to provide students with a chance to show their appreciation to professors who have impacted them in some way.
If you have a professor who…
- Inspires or push you to achieve your goal
- Gets you excited and engaged
- Challenges you to test your potential
- Helps you stay engaged and excited about class
- Guides you during a challenging time
Show your attitude of gratitude to them!
How it works
- Click on "Submit a Note!"
- Share what you would like to say.
- Decide if you want to sign your name or remain anonymous. It is up to you!
- The Center for Faculty Development will print and deliver your note at the end of the semester.
- Repeat as many times as desired.
- How does the program work?
- The Thank-A-Professor program provides students the opportunity to compose a note of appreciation to a professor(s) for all the hard work done to help UHCL students.
- Notes are submitted via an online form that is available year round.
- All notes will be delivered at the end of each semester.
- Does it need to be a current professor?
- No, any professor can receive a note.
- Can I write a note to more than one professor?
- Yes! Notes are welcomed for multiple professors.
- Complete the online form for each note you would like to send.
- Can my letter be anonymous?
- Yes! The option is available to remain anonymous or share a name for each note being sent.
- When will my note be delivered to the professor?
- Notes will be delivered to the professor(s) at the end of the semester.
- Will the notes be reviewed before delivery?
- Yes, all notes are screened to ensure they remain in the spirit of the program.
Examples of previous notes
- Thanks for your encouragement to get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself to things I didn’t think I could do.
- Thank you so much for an amazing class this semester. I have gained so much knowledge through your class and I am beyond grateful for this extraordinary opportunity, and can not wait to continue connecting previous knowledge with new knowledge that is sure to surface through my academic and workforce career.
- Thank you for being such an inspiring and positive person. I really appreciate having you as my professor.
- I can’t tell you how much I want to write in this letter to you. You are one of my favorite people ever to exist, and easily one of the kindest people I’ve ever met. Thank you for always checking up on me, and supporting me through my loudmouth antics and anxious ramblings. Thank you for accepting me for who I am.
- Thank you for helping me re-sharpen my critical thinking skills and for having me understand myself and the world around us better. I hope I get to have you next semester. :)