Become Exceptionally Prepared to Serve Students with Diverse Needs
Our focus in the Department of Counseling, Special Education, and Diversity is preparing teachers and school counselors who can address the developmental needs of all learners. Graduates of University of Houston-Clear Lake’s Department of Counseling, Special Education, and Diversity are uniquely trained to become transformative leaders who work with students with diverse needs so that students can attain their full academic potential. To this end, we offer undergraduate and masters degrees that encompass these programs. UHCL is one of 150 educator preparation programs in Texas that are accredited to recommend educators for certificates.
Find Your Niche with a Variety of Degree Options
UHCL’s Department of Education offers undergraduate and master’s degrees in the Counseling Program, the Special Education Program and the Studies in Language and Culture Program, which includes Multicultural Studies, Bilingual Education and ESL. Graduates of the programs find employment in settings ranging from public schools to private programs and agencies.
Visit Us On Social Media
- Twitter: @UHCL_Counseling
- Facebook: @uhclcounselingprogram
- Instagram: @uhclcounselingprogram
- LinkedIn: @uhclcounselingprogram
Degrees, Certificates and Minors Offered
- Addictions Counseling B.S.
- Counseling M.S. with a Clinical Mental Health Concentration
- Counseling M.S. with School Counselor Certification
- Interdisciplinary Studies B.S. with Core Subjects EC-6 with ESL Supplemental Certification
- Interdisciplinary Studies B.S. with Core Subjects EC-6 with Bilingual Supplemental Certification
- Interdisciplinary Studies B.S. with Core Subjects 4-8 with ESL Supplemental Certification
- Multicultural Studies in Education M.S.
- Multicultural Studies in Education M.S. with Bilingual or ESL and Special Education Specializations
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Plan Core Subjects EC-6 with Bilingual Supplemental
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Plan Core Subjects EC-6 ESL Supplemental
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Plan Core Subjects EC-6 Special Education EC-12
- Bilingual Education Supplemental Certificate
- ESL Supplemental Certificate
- Special Education Supplemental Certificate