The UHCL Career Closet serves as a free resource for students to obtain new or gently used professional attire to wear for professional interviews, career fairs, employment site visits, presentations, banquets, etc.
To request more information and access to the UHCL Career Closet, please contact CareerServices@uhcl.edu.
The Career Closet accepts professional attire and UHCL graduation regalia to support our Hawks!
Please consider donating new and gently used suits, suit separates, and accessories. We are looking for timeless pieces of all sizes, including maternity clothing, preferably purchased within the last five years.
- Business suits
- Skirt suits
- Slacks and skirts
- Blazers, jackets and sports coats
- Button-up dress shirts
- Professional ties
- Black handbags, totes, messenger bags, portfolios
- New dress socks, trouser socks, pantyhose
- New/nearly new dress shoes
- UHCL graduation regalia (cap, gown, hood, tassel)
Prep Kit Items Needed (New/unused items only)
- Jewelry: wrist watches, costume jewelry separates and sets, brooches, pins
- Sealed make-up (compact sets, palettes, lipstick/lip gloss/lip balm)
- Hair accessories
- Small manicure kits
- Nail polish
- Clean, pressed, ready-to-wear clothing on hangers.
- Clothing purchased within the last five years.
- Clothing free of stains, odors, tears, missing buttons, loose hems, and need of repairs/alterations.
- Professional clothing items of solid, neutral colors (black, gray, navy, white) and within current fashion trends.
We thank you for understanding, as these preferences will reduce costs to the Career Closet and allow our team to maintain safety during clothing collection and sorting.
Due to seasonal and space limitations, the UHCL Career Closet cannot accept the following items at this time: winter coats, trench coats, high-heeled shoes over 3 inches or boots.
Email CareerServices@uhcl.edu to make a donation.