Explore a Major or Career Direction
Use our online tools, assessments, and in-person discussions with Career Counselors to explore what majors and career options fit you best.
- First time Focus 2 user? Free sign up with access code Hawks.
- Login to your Focus 2 account.
Focus 2 is a career, major, and education planning system where you can explore in an online, self-directed environment:
- Career possibilities
Map your traits to specific career possibilities. Then, research the career options using the site’s database of occupational information.
- What I can do with a major from UHCL
Discover occupations you can pursue with your chosen major here at UHCL.
Contact a UHCL Career Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 281-283-2590 to meet with a Career Counselor.
Interests, strengths, and personality assessments can help you with your career decision-making:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
MBTI helps students choose careers that are congruent with their natural preferences and personality. MBTI helps you understand yourself and how you interact within the workplace.
- Strong Interest Inventory (Strong)
The theory behind Strong is that people in different occupations have characteristic sets of interests. Strong matches you, based on your likes and dislikes, with people who share your interests to determine if you might enjoy the same kinds of careers.
The StrengthsQuest helps you gain insight into your areas of greatest potential.
- What Can I Do With This Major?- University of Tennessee
- Texas Reality Check
- Job/Career Research Guide- UHCL Alfred R. Neumann Library