Frequently Asked Questions
- When should I apply for Co-op?
You can apply when you become eligible. Eligibility varies for U.S. citizens/permanent
residents and students with F-1 status.
- How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It takes about two weeks to process Stage I and another two weeks to process Stage
- What happens if I quit my Co-op position?
Your grade is based on your work, quitting will result in failing grade.
- How much credit do I get for Co-op per semester?
SCE: 1 hr credit; BUS: 1 or 3 hrs credit
- How much money can I make?
It depends on your major, past experience, and the budget of the company. Compensation
is negotiable between you and your employer.
- Can I use my current job to do Co-op?
No. If you have already started working in a position related to your major, you must
find another position, also related to your major to be approved for Co-op.
- Can I get credit for a Co-op job without registering for the course?
No. You must register for the Co-op course to receive academic credit.
- How am I graded?
Your grade is determined by the advising faculty and based on the technical report
and employer evaluation.
- Do I have to take other courses?
It depends on each student.
- How can I find a Co-op job?
Use the job binders located in the Career Services office. Enroll in Jobs4Hawks to
gain access to Co-op positions. Market yourself for a position! Network!
- What are the fees for Co-op?
Tuition and fees are the same as other courses, with an additional $75 Co-op fee
- When would I submit the course materials to receive my grade?
Course materials will be due before finals each semester, usually the first day of
the final month (i.e., Dec 1, May 1 or Aug 1). Co-op participants receive detailed
information about grade requirements at the end of the semester.
- Can I change employers in the middle of the semester?
- Would I have to submit a report each semester?
Yes, among other requirements, you would submit a report at the end of each semester
- How can I get more information about Co-op?
Contact Career Services to make an appointment and meet with the Co-op Coordinator.