Foster Healthy Relationships
Prepare for a creative, caring career when you earn a Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy at University of Houston-Clear Lake. You will focus on helping individuals, couples and families connect and thrive. A long-standing reputation for excellent clinical training (UHCL’s program has been accredited since 1982) combined with diverse, exciting internship opportunities make us an excellent choice to intensify your studies.
Explore a Broad Professional Field
Our graduates excel as clinicians, researchers and academics with a solid foundation
in both coursework and practical experience. The Master of Arts in Marriage and Family
Therapy prepares students for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist in Texas
and fulfills coursework requirements to take the Licensed Professional Counselor Exam
in Texas. Marriage and family therapists serve in all sorts of settings, from private
practices and community mental health agencies to residential treatment centers and
programs for youth, offering a broad, exciting choice in careers.
Request InformationHow to ApplyVisit
So, have we convinced you that University of Houston-Clear Lake's College of Human Science and Humanities is the next step in your pursuit of academic success? Learn what it takes to be admitted to help you reach your educational goals.
- Marriage and Family Therapy M.A.
December 10 – January 25 for fall admission
Application1. Complete the ApplyTexas online university application.
2. Complete the Additional Supporting Documents for the program (below).
- Submit GRE scores (not more than 5 years old) through the standard reporting procedures.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended to the UHCL Office of Admissions.
- Curriculum Vitae: An expanded résumé describing previous education; all work experience; relevant course work and relevant volunteer activities; any honors, presentations, papers, avocations or other relevant life experiences
- Statement of purpose and goals, not to exceed 1,000 words, describing your reasons for wanting this degree and how it fits into career goals.
Three letters of recommendation and recommendation forms (available here) should be submitted directly by the recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommendations from academic faculty and/or work supervisors who know the applicant well are especially solicited.
The MFT program has an additional fee of $35 that should be sent directly to UHCL. Please indicate that the application fee is for your application to the MFT program. Check or money orders may be sent to:
Marriage and Family Therapy Program Admissions
University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd, Box 73
Houston, TX 77058
Interested in discovering the sort of classes you’ll need to take in order to earn your degree from the College of Human Science and Humanities at University of Houston-Clear Lake? Find out now.
Examine how much it could cost to receive a degree from the College of Human Sciences and Humanities at UHCL.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Accreditations and Distinctions
The Marriage and Family Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE).