Who is a Multilingual Writer?
Multilingual writers come from a variety of backgrounds with many different needs. In the Writing Center, we work with students who...
- Learned English in school as a second or foreign language.
- Speak English at school, work, or with friends but have difficulty writing in English.
- Have never used English in an academic setting.
- Read and write English well but lack confidence in a classroom setting.
Writing Center consultants receive training in how to work with multilingual speakers of English. When you make an appointment for regular consultation session you get:
- Feedback to help you learn strategies for all your writing projects, present and future.
- A better understanding of what professors expect in American academic writing.
- Help identifying grammar errors and how you can correct them.
Plan of Study
If you are unsure about American academic expectations, want help refining your editing skills, or just want to talk about commas and semicolons, call the Writing Center at 281-283-2910, or email email@example.com, to develop a longer-term plan to improve your writing and confidence.
Each semester we offer a variety of workshops, including some that can assist multilingual speakers and writers of English. Please visit our Events page for more information. If there are workshops you would like offered, please call the Writing Center at 281-283-2910, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.