Plan of Study
We understand that graduate students often face lengthy writing assignments, which require planning, research and writing throughout the course of a semester. Thus, we offer plans of study where you may:
- Look ahead to plan an entire semester's writing.
- Set up recurring appointments on a weekly or biweekly basis with the same tutor for consistent progress.
- Request 90-minute appointments.
Setting up a plan of study allows you to work with the same consultant throughout a project.
Links for graduate students:
Tips for thesis and dissertation writing:
- The Writing Center at UNC: Dissertations
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: Finishing the Dissertation
- Inside Higher Ed: The Final Semester, Advice from a well-employed Ph.D. on finishing the dissertation
- Derek J. Brown: 20 Tips: Finishing the Dissertation
Tips for giving and receiving feedback:
Articles on forming and participating in writing groups:
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: Starting a Dissertation Group (in a Writing Center)
- American Association of University Professors: Get Together to Write
General tips and help for writing as a graduate student: