Not necessarily. Clients can walk in and meet with a consultant if one is available, although we are frequently completely booked. Thus, we highly recommend scheduling an appointment at least two to three days in advance. All of our sessions start on the hour and last 45 minutes, so it is best to come in a little before the hour begins.
You sure can! We provide online assistance in several ways:
- We provide a wide assortment of tip sheets and PowerPoint presentations on our Resources page.
- We offer online sessions, which are synchronous chat sessions held in real-time, where you join your consultant online to discuss your project using a chat box and whiteboard. All you need is a computer, tablet, or laptop with an internet connection. To schedule an online session or read more about how it works, visit our Appointments page.
- Bring your assignment instructions
- Bring any notes, outlines, research, or drafts of your assignment
- Bring a list of questions for your consultant
- Schedule your appointment well before the due date to give you time to make revisions based on your consultant’s feedback
- Plan ahead for multiple sessions in case you need more than one
Certainly. Our consultants will help you find the resources you need to correctly
document your paper. All consultants are familiar with MLA, APA, and Chicago, but
some are more proficient with one type than another. We recommend that you ask the
receptionist for a consultant familiar with the type of documentation you are working
with when you schedule an appointment, or check under " Consultant Specialties" when making an appointment online.
Because it can be time-consuming and we are not familiar, we do not check citations for you, but we will give you resources and teach you what you need to know to do them yourself.
Contact the UHCL Writing Center at 281-283-2910 or firstname.lastname@example.org about applying for admission into the Writing Center Praxis training course. Recruitment for new consultants typically begins in the spring, training takes place over the summer, and consultants are fully trained by fall.