What to Expect from your Session
You can expect conversation aimed at helping you become a better writer. Your consultant:
- Reviews your work.
- Asks you questions about your goals and concerns for the project.
- Provides feedback designed to help you learn strategies that you can apply to all of your writing projects.
How to Prepare
- Bring your instructions, notes, outlines, research, or drafts of your assignment;
- Bring a list of questions for your consultant;
- Schedule your appointment well before the due date and plan ahead for multiple sessions;
- Even if you do not have anything written, come to your session, so we can brainstorm and strategize how to get your writing process started!
Graded as Exam?
If your work is going to be graded as an exam, you must get permission from your instructor who can email the Writing Center directly.
Face-to-Face and Online Appointment Information
- Duration: 45 minutes, and start on the hour
- Frequency: 1 session/day, and up to 5 sessions/week
- UHCL email only: Other emails removed.
- Must register with the Writing Center prior to your first appointment.
Information Specific to Online Appointments
We understand not everyone can make it to campus. Using a chat box and a virtual whiteboard, you can work with a consultant in real time. All you need is a computer, tablet, or laptop with an online connection.
To avoid online issues, read Troubleshooting Online Issues (pdf) well before your appointment.