Hawk Bridge to Success is a new summer program for incoming students with fewer than
59 credit hours and who would like to learn more about becoming a UHCL Hawk.
Join us for a three-day program led by current students, faculty and staff offering a variety of workshops designed to help you succeed at UHCL. The program is free and includes all workshop materials.
Seating is limited to 75 students.
How will I succeed?
- Discussion with students and families
- Campus Scavenger Hunt
- Mini presentations by departments
What's it like to be a college student?
- Panel discussion with last year's freshmen
- Lunch and learning in college
- Learning style assessment
What Kind of Learner am I?
- Note Taking
- Effective Reading Strategies
- Writing in College
- Lunch and Presentation: Don't be Afraid--It's Just Math
Developing a Plan for Success
- Strong Inventory Results
- Lunch and Faculty panel
- Wrap Up