Do you need community service hours or extra credit for a class or a resume/curriculum filler?Internship hours are available.
Volunteering to work with the Student Conference for Research and Creative Arts is a great way to get the experience of meeting students, faculty, and staff from UHCL as well as other universities across the country and internationally! Training is provided, and all volunteers receive a certificate of participation.
We welcome volunteer assistance pre-conference and during the conference. Volunteer shifts at the Conference last 4 hours and you can sign up for more than one shift. The Conference would not be possible without the help, time, and skills of volunteers like you, so sign up today!
Most importantly, thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Student Conference!
We need your help as:
- Pre-Conference Assistants
- Publicity, document updates and reviews, general duties
- Conference Set-Up Assistants
- Arrange poster panels, post signs, prepare participant folders, etc.
- Greeters — Meet guests as they arrive, assist in registration/sign-in, and provide information and directions
- Hosts — Moderate/introduce oral presentation sessions
- Doorkeepers — Welcome guests to meals and receptions and check tickets and passes
Post-Conference Assistants — Gather papers, signage and general items, take down poster area, mail/email/phone people as needed
- Other Jobs as needed