2019 Student Conference Application
Both undergraduate and graduate students are invited to present their original work whether it is on-going or finalized at the Student Conference. All scholarly projects are welcome.
Presentation formats are categorized as Poster or Oral (i.e., reading poetry, creative writing, essays, or research papers). Oral format includes roundtable and symposium options only if your faculty sponsor has assigned these to you:
- A roundtable is one application
with all co-authors listed under one presentation title.
- A symposium has multiple presentations on a common theme.
Each presentation is a separate application and may have an individual author or multiple authors.
We reserve the right to reject projects/presentations that do not meet the requirements.
Dates and Deadlines Summary
Monday, April 15 - Thursday, April 18, 2019
Poster presentation sessions:
- Wednesday, April 17, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 17, 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
You are registered for the Conference after you receive both your application receipt and payment confirmation.
- Early Registration and Fee Deadline
Monday, February 18, 2019 at 1 p.m.
- If payment is not made by deadline, the regular registration fee is applied.
- Registration and Fee Deadline
Monday, March 11, 2019 at 1 p.m.
How do you hear from us?
We communicate with you by email. Make sure firstname.lastname@example.org does not go into your spam blocker.
Don't expect an email to notify you of your scheduled presentation date and time. You must check the Student Conference home page close to the time of the Conference.
Before Starting the Application
You must have Faculty Sponsor review and approval of your presentation content prior to applying for the Conference. Make sure you can complete the entire application and the online payment with a credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover). Partial applications are not accepted.
Your registration includes the following information which may also be in online documents (e.g., Application Received, Schedule):
- Authors and all emails
- Project title
- One paragraph only. 1200 characters maximum
- Type directly into the application field. Do not cut and paste.
- It is your responsibility to edit your work for proper content, spelling, and grammar. Your abstract should be publication ready
- Presentation format: poster or oral
- Faculty sponsor: name, title, position, phone, email, college/university
Let us know if you want to restrict online information about you or your presentation (be specific) or if you have a special request.