In everything we do, the health and safety of our residents, staff, and guests remains our top priority. Student Housing and Residential Life is committed to doing our part to reduce risk and exposure to the virus.
All residents are encouraged (not required) to practice social distancing and wear
face coverings in all community areas and while participating in any events and activities
taking place inside and outside (courtyard, patios, etc.) of Hunter Residence Hall.
Residents should remain respectful towards residents, staff, and/or guests who choose and/or do not choose to wear a mask or face covering.
The Student Housing Team in partnership with Facilities continues to clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces throughout Hunter Residence Hall, on a daily basis.
If residents exhibit any sign or symptom of COVID-19 (see resources below), they should:
- Contact Student Health Services immediately at 281-283-2626, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting the Student Health Services website.
- Alert Student Housing and Residential Life staff by calling 281-283-2615 or sending an email to email@example.com.
- Self-quarantine in their room/suite and limit contact with others until cleared by a healthcare professional.
Residents who exhibit signs/symptoms and/or test positive for COVID-19 may be required to self-isolate or quarantine in their own room/suite, OR be moved to another room/suite in Hunter Residence Hall for quarantine purposes, for 14 days.
To help further reduce the risk for self and others, residents should:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer, with 60 - 95% alcohol, if soap/water is not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay or return home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Disinfect frequently touched areas within their room/suite on a daily basis
- Wear a face covering any time you are outside the confines of your room or suite
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
- A measured temperature of greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees
- Feeling feverish
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell