COVID-19 Expectations, Guidelines, and Resources
In everything we do, the health and safety of our residents, staff, and guests remains our top priority. Student Housing and Residential Life is committed to doing our part to reduce risk and exposure to the virus.
All residents are required to practice social distancing and wear face coverings in
all community areas and while participating in any events and activities taking place
inside and outside (courtyard, patios, etc.) of Hunter Hall.
Residents are not required to wear a face covering while eating, drinking, or exercising/working out. Face coverings should be worn as soon as residents finish the activities mentioned above.
Residents are required to practice social distancing in all public areas (front desk, kitchen, lounges, study rooms, hallways, stairwells, patio, etc.) of Hunter Hall.
For the health and safety of our residents, guests (with the exception of caretakers) are not permitted to visit Hunter Hall until further notice.
If residents exhibit any sign or symptom of COVID-19 (see resources below), they should:
- Contact Student Health Services immediately at 281-283-2626, via email at email@example.com, or by visiting the Student Health Services website.
- Alert Student Housing and Residential Life staff by calling 281-283-2615 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Self-quarantine in their room/suite and limit contact with others until cleared by a healthcare professional.
Residents who exhibit signs/symptoms and/or test positive for COVID-19 may be required to self-isolate or quarantine in their own room/suite, OR be moved to another room/suite in Hunter Hall for quarantine purposes, for 14 days.
To help further reduce the risk for self and others, residents should:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer, with 60 - 95% alcohol, if soap/water is not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay or return home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Disinfect frequently touched areas within their room/suite on a daily basis
- Wear a face covering any time you are outside the confines of your room or suite
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
- A measured temperature of greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees
- Feeling feverish
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell