Hunter Hall Has You Covered
Need overnight accommodations for you, guests, a summer camp or conference?
Student Housing and Residential Life offers you safe, convenient, and affordable housing for every type of person and group - from student/family orientation, to adult conferences and youth camps. Persons and groups are housed throughout our brand new (fall '19) traditional suite-style residence hall, Hunter Hall. From comfortable community spaces to various room layouts, it is our mission to provide you with a "home away from home" experience.
To reserve a space in Hunter Hall, simply complete our Guest Housing Inquiry Form. Accommodations are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Below is important information regarding what to expect, rates, amenities, dining, parking, and policies.
Please contact Student Housing and Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding guest or summer housing in Hunter Hall.
Individuals and groups staying in Hunter Hall will be directly connected to a full-time
staff member assigned to manage all of your housing needs. Guests will also interact
with Summer Housing Assistants, which are student employees specifically trained in
providing exceptional customer service to guests.
Summer Housing Assistants (SHAs) work with all guests and summer camp/conference groups. SHAs are responsible for guest and group check-ins and check-outs, assisting with housing concerns and swipe access issues, linen distribution and room setup needs, and 24-hour desk coverage.
If you need assistance or are having swipe access issues, please visit or call our front desk at 281-283-2615 for assistance. In the event of an emergency, please contact our Police Department at 281-283-2222. We are here to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Hunter Hall is a traditional suite-style residence hall made up of four floors, with a mixture of double and single rooms.
At full capacity, Hunter Hall holds up to 294 persons. This includes 118 standard double rooms (236 beds), 46 semi-shared single rooms (46 beds), and 12 single rooms with private baths (12 beds). ADA rooms are available upon request.
Unless otherwise requested or stated in the contract, summer guests, camps and conferences will be housed in standard double rooms throughout the hall. Our Summer Housing Assistants reside in the majority of our single spaces on each floor, in order to provide a safe environment for all guests.
Hunter Hall is a fully air-conditioned facility with free Wi-Fi throughout the building. Trash, laundry facilities (free of charge), and comfortable lounge spaces are available on each floor. Study rooms are available on the third and fourth floors. The first floor offers a shared community kitchen, large community lounge, patio area, vending area, and our front desk with computer kiosks available for guest use.
Each suite room comes furnished with an adjustable height, twin XL bed, closet or wardrobe space, desk and desk chair. Restroom facilities (shower and toilet) are adjacent to each room, inside of each suite.
Upon prior request via the contract, guests and summer camps/conferences participants may arrange to have linen contracted for an additional charge. Linen packets include a bed sheet, pillow with pillow case, blanket, bath towel and washcloth. For long-term stays, linens are changed out on a weekly basis, unless otherwise requested.
Toilet paper is provided to all guests and summer camp/conference participants. We do not currently provide any other toiletry items for guests.
|Number of Nights||Rate per Person (with linens)||Rate per Person (without linens)|
|Daily Rate (1 - 7 nights)||$55||$50|
Guests along with summer camp and conference participants are expected to follow all University, UH System, and Student Housing and Residential Life policies as well as details agreed upon in their contract with UHCL.
Some important notes to know are:
- Youth participants under 17 must be accompanied and excorted by an adult chaperone at all times.
- Building access and swipe card access will be given to overnight participants only. Non-residential participants within your group will not be given swipe access to the building.
- Lost/stolen ID or swipe access cards should be reported to our front desk immediately. Guests and groups may be held financially responsible for costs associated with replacement card costs and any other damage to property or the facility. Documentation will be provided in such situations.
- Guests, regardless of age, are not permitted to use, distribute, and/or sell alcohol and/or other drugs in Hunter Hall.
- Guests must evacuate Hunter Hall after the activation of a fire alarm and/or following the directives of University and/or emergency personnel. Guests are instructed to move across the D3 parking lot area, away from Hunter Hall.
- Open flames and/or other flammable materials are not permitted in Hunter Hall. Some examples include, but are not limited to; candles, candle warmers, incense, smoking, live trees, hot plates, lighter fluid, all forms of grills, and other appliances with an open heat source.
- Smoking (including vaping) is not permitted in Hunter Hall, or anywhere on campus. Smoking inside personal vehicles is permitted.
- Guests are are not permitted to bring or house pets in Hunter Hall, with the exception of approved emotional support animals and service animals. Proper documentation will be required and collected.
- Guests are prohibited to display, possess, use or show intent to use firearms, ammunitions, bows, arrose, swords, explosives, firecrackers, fireworks, smoke bombs, flammable chemicals, combustibles, or other weapons (BB guns, pellet guns, air/CO2 guns, paint or blow guns, martial arts weapons, toy guns, squirt guns, etc.) in Hunter Hall. Culinary knives are available for use in our community shared kitchen, from our front desk.
- Personal belongings left by guests or summer camp/conference participants that are removed by Student Housing and Residential Life staff will be treated as abandoned property and disposed of accordingly. The University shall not be liable for any damage to, or loss of, such property which occurs during or after the course of the guest's stay.
Need to have food catered (breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner) for you and/or your group? UHCL has you covered. We will work directly with a Chartwells representative to coordinate catering that fits your needs and budget. Please mention your dining needs in the Guest Housing Inquiry Form.