The Director of CSAC is a commissioned Notary Public and is available to assist students who require a notary seal on government, legal, travel, business or personal documents, at no cost. Please note that Notary Publics cannot notarize birth, marriage or death certificates. Commonly notarized items include: contracts, affidavits, wills, trusts, deeds and petitions.
As a notary public, the student advocate does not provide legal advice or advisement on legal documents. Request an appointment or more information about notary services from the Center for Student Advocacy and Community.
How to prepare for your Notary appointment:
- Request an appointment
- Bring a valid government issued photo ID (Driver's License or Passport)
- Do not sign or date the document
- Ensure that all pages of the document are filled out completely, with the exception of the signature and date
- Bring all the pages of the document that need to be notarized, not just the signature page
- Expect your notary appointment to last at least 15 minutes
Please note that notary services are provided by appointment and are free to all UHCL students. Request an appointment, and a member of the OSA team will reach out to you to schedule a visit.
Dr. LaToya Mills
Director, Center for Student Advocacy & Community