An Educated Community Is a Successful Community
Strategic Partnerships identifies and builds mutually beneficial partnerships through outreach activities for faculty, staff, students, alumni and the university community. Strategic Partnerships will work to identify applied research opportunities, internship/co-op opportunities, facility-usage and other university-based resources that would be of value to corporations, organizations and the surrounding community.
To assist in preparing our students to be competent, confident, courageous and caring citizens by identifying, investigating, developing and growing strategic partnerships that would advance the university's shared goals.
- To inform and educate the community about UHCL and its resources
- To influence and enhance the experiential learning opportunities (explore, engage, educate and employ)
- To inspire and challenge UHCL students in order for them to achieve success
Strategic Partnerships will conceptualize, identify, vet, engage, enhance and sustain strong relations that would be mutually beneficial for the university and its stakeholders.
From the university's core capabilities and strengths, Strategic Partnerships will identify applied research opportunities, internship/co-op opportunities, facilities, and other university-based resources that would be of value to corporations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), government organizations, non-profits and the surrounding community.
To accomplish and adequately sustain this effort, Strategic Partnerships will work in collaboration with internal partners such as the Office of the President, the provost, Marketing & Communications, Office of Sponsored Programs, Office of Student Affairs, Career Services, University Advancement, college deans, faculty, and advising.
How We Will Measure Success
- Identify and build relations with corporations, government and non-government organizations:
- 15 new partners per year
- 10 in class presentations per year
- Influence the experiential learning and related opportunities:
- 20 mentorship opportunities
- 20 internship placements per semester
- Increase percentage of interns per year
- Inspire and challenge UHCL students in order to achieve success:
- Increase the percentage of employed or graduate school bound students per year (one year out, five years out, eight years out)