Turn Science into Action and a Career
It’s important to study scientific theories in a classroom. But to really bring science to life, you need to explore those theories in the physical world to help them become principles with concrete purpose for everyday life. We recommend you choose a degree program from the Department of Physical and Applied Sciences in the College of Science and Engineering at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. You will explore theories and then create practical applications and technology with key techniques from physics, chemistry, industrial hygiene or safety.
Give Your Education the Attention It Deserves
Throughout your coursework in the Department of Physical and Applied Sciences, you’ll enjoy small class sizes taught by faculty who are dedicated to your success. They will help you address real-world challenges with tangible solutions that come from experiments rooted in the scientific method. You will also receive critical guidance for your career, whether you choose a job in industry, research, education or consulting – or you seek your own educational path toward graduate school.
Programs and Degrees
- Chemistry B.A.
- Chemistry B.S.
- Chemistry Scholars Plan-Linked B.S.-M.S.
- Chemistry M.S.
- Chemistry M.S. with a Specialization in Biochemistry and Medicinal Chemistry
- Chemistry M.S. with a Specialization in Petrochemical and Process Chemistry
- Minor in Chemistry
- Physics B.S.
- Physics Scholars Plan-Linked B.S.-M.S.
- Physics M.S.
- Physics M.S. with a Specialization in Technical Management
- Physics Ph.D. Collaborative UHCL/UH Program
- Minor in Physics
- Physics Candidacy Certificate
- Environmental Science B.S.
- Environmental Science M.S. with a Specialization in Industrial Hygiene
- Environmental Science M.S. with a Specialization in Safety