Find a Job to Help You Succeed
Participating in this program provides the opportunity to help your peers and faculty as a peer mentor or research assistant. There are also off-campus internships available. All student employees are required to meet on a consistent basis with the program director and undergraduate retention specialist, and participate in the learning community.
To be eligible to apply for a student-employee position, you must:
- Have attended at least two semesters at UHCL and currently be in good academic standing.
- Have Minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Be currently enrolled at UHCL.
- Be pursuing an undergraduate degree in the College of Science and Engineering, or STEM Education.
- Show evidence of involvement in a student or service organization or volunteer work.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Show strong initiative and commitment.
- Identify as Hispanic or Latino, or qualify as Pell Grant eligible.