2022 STEM Challenge
Join us at the annual STEM Challenge, a team-based competition with two tracks. You’ll be challenged on a series of topics in science, engineering, programming and logic. The challenge is open to high school and undergraduate students.
Saturday, April 9, 2022
8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
UH-Clear Lake, STEM and Classroom Building
During this challenge, you'll:
- Choose from two tracks: programming or science
- Work in teams to use critical thinking and showcase problem solving strategies
- Have the opportunity to win prizes, scholarships to UH-Clear Lake and summer internships
- Registration opens March 7, 2022 and is free. Lunch is provided.
- Each team may have a maximum of 4 team members.
- There is a maximum of two teams from each institution for each category (Programming or Science, Engineering Design and Logic Analysis)
- Organized teams will need a faculty sponsor from their school.
- No team? No worries. We will find you one!
For registration questions, contact Krishani Abeysekera by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 281-283-3831.
Frequently Asked Questions
The STEM Challenge is open to all High-School Students, Community College Students, and Undergraduate University Students. All we ask is that you register for the STEM Challenge if you plan on participating. Also, each team must have a Faculty Sponsor from their School or University.
Participants will go through a series of fun challenges designed to demonstrate their STEM skills, including programming, problem solving, and more! We recommend that at least one person in the team has some fundamental programming exp in C++, Java OR Python.
Any person needing an accommodation for a disability in order to participate should contact UHCL Pathways to STEM Careers at 281-283-3831 or email@example.com at least one week prior to the event to arrange for the accommodation.