Dr. Yvette Bendeck
We are committed to making your success as a student our number one priority and ensuring your UHCL experience is a great one from the time you apply until you reach your educational goals.
Dr. Yvette M. Bendeck is currently serving as the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. In this capacity she oversees strategic recruitment, marketing, retention and progression planning. In addition, she oversees the implementation of academic policies related to admission and degree requirements. Under her leadership, UH-Clear Lake introduced the Automatic Transfer Scholarship, which received the 2009 STEP (Successful Transfer Enhancement Program) Gold Award in Best Practices in Transfer Enrollment Management from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, The National Institute for the Study of Transfer students and the UNT Center for Higher Education. Other accomplishments in the area of enrollment management include the introduction of an online degree progress reporting system, an online Transfer of Credit Guide which allow prospective students to obtain customized reports regarding transfer credit equivalencies based on coursework taken, and the establishment of the Office of Academic Transfer Advising.
Dr. Bendeck also served as the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs (AVPAA) from 2003-2008. As AVPAA, Dr. Bendeck dealt with academic appeals, faculty issues, assisted the Provost in promotion and tenure decisions, guided the development of academic policy, and served as the university's liaison to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Dr. Bendeck is a Professor of Finance in the School of Business. Her scholarly work has been published in some of the top-tiered journals in her field, such as the Journal of Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, and the Journal of Monetary Economics.
Dr. Bendeck also holds the Certified Cash Manager (CCM) professional designation. She has been a member of the Association of Financial Professionals (AFP) CCM Common on Body of Knowledge Committee, the CCM Test Development Committee, and the CCM Item Writers Committee.
Dr. Bendeck received her B.S. in Industrial Management and M.S in Financial Economics from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1981 and 1984 respectively. She received her Ph.D. in Finance from Arizona State University in 1988. She is a native from Honduras.
The Division of Enrollment Management is responsible for coordinating the enrollment planning efforts of the university. We are responsible for maintaining the student information system that generates data and reports for institutional decision making. We are committed to enhancing the total educational experience of UHCL students through a commitment to quality service that is responsive to the needs of our diverse population of students. Enrollment Management is comprised of Academic Records, Admissions, Distance Education, Financial Aid, Student Administrative Systems and Transfer Advising.
- Promoting comprehensive, timely, accurate, and friendly customer-service that contributes to student success and enrollment growth
- Providing access to higher education by administering federal, state and institutional financial aid and scholarship programs efficiently
- Expanding access to higher education through distance education opportunities for our students
- Providing a smooth transition into UHCL through proactive academic advising and outreach
- Working collaboratively with all components of the university to identify and implement processes and strategies to meet University enrollment, retention and graduation goals
- Tracking and interacting with students from the point of their initial contact with the institution until their graduation or departure from the institution
- Ensuring functionality and data integrity in the student information system
- CAPT. Wendell M. Wilson Office of Veteran Services
- Office of Academic Records
- Office of Academic Transfer Advising
- Office of Admissions
- Off Campus Education
- Office of Enrollment Management
- Office of Financial Aid
- Student Administration Systems (SAS)
- Testing Center
- University Academic Advising Center