The graduate plan in Exercise and Health Sciences leads to a Master of Science degree. You can select from one of two concentration areas: Sport Science or Public Health. The Sport Science concentration prepares you for a career as a sport scientist, a strength and conditioning professional, sports coach or exercise fitness specialist, where your primary duty is initiating, directing and evaluating exercise and testing programs. The Public Health concentration provides you with a broad background in public health and prevention, epidemiology, biostatistics, and exercise for individuals and communities with disabilities, public health policy. The concentration is ideal if you are seeking employment in health related fields or if you are a practicing health and medical professional who wants to further your education at the graduate level.
The National Strength and Conditioning Association officially recognizes University of Houston-Clear Lake's Exercise and Health Sciences Program.
Why Choose the Exercise and Health Sciences Program?
- Convenient classes – The EHS program is tailored for working professionals with a mixture of web-enhanced, online and in-class instruction. All in-class courses are in the evenings and most students have full or part time jobs.
- Instructors with Practical Experience – Learn from professors with experience in practical coaching and elite strength and conditioning.
- Research Opportunities – Prepare for a career in research by participating in faculty-led sport science or clinical rehabilitation investigations; with the gained experience lead your own study and present data at regional, national, or international conferences.
- Unique Internship Experiences – Compete for internships at the top sport science and strength and conditioning facilities throughout the world.
- Sport Science Testing Opportunities – Assist faculty with data collection in testing professional, collegiate, and high school athletes from a variety of sports.
- Technology and Innovation – The Human Performance Laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art testing and measurement devices.
- Create a unique skill set by learning to leverage these technologies to help your athletes gain an advantage on their competition.
- Practical Skills – Develop skills useful in practice from faculty who are committed to teaching.
- Prepare for National Certifications – Through course work in the EHS program, prepare yourself for rigorous certification tests with the National Strength and Conditioning Association and American College of Sports Medicine.
For more information, contact
Dr. William Amonette, Program Director
Human Sciences and Humanities
Academic Advising Office
University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd
Houston, TX 77058-1098