The Office of Human Resources is committed to providing resources for new employees. Our new employee website provides information and resources for both new employees and managers to ensure a successful onboarding experience.
New Hire Materials & Information
In addition, the below table provides useful resources in navigating your way through your first months at the university.
New Employee Orientation takes place the 2nd Monday of each month, dependent upon hiring numbers. All new employees must attend new hire orientation.
The Human Resources department will contact new employees to inform them of their NEOP attendance date.
- Purchase an employee parking permit.
- Attend New Employee Orientation within approx. 30 days of hire
- Read and understand your job description and the UHCL Performance Assessment Form.
- If you are a non-exempt worker, learn the TRAM time system.
- Obtain relevant phone lists from your supervisor.
- Clarify with your supervisor the department's schedule and any processes to ensure adequate coverage in your area. Discuss any flexible work hour allowances in your department.
- Learn any requirements for your role in regard to UHCL Brand guidelines.