Texas Education Code § 51.976 requires individuals who will have contact with minors at certain limited campus programs to receive specific training on preventing sexual abuse and child molestation in order for the campus program to be operated by or on the campus of an institution of higher education. The University of Houston System has adopted policy (SAM 05.C.01) to comply, not only with the minimum legal requirements of Texas Education Code § 51.976, but to also ensure all campus programs for minors are conducted in a manner that is as safe as possible.
At the core of the Texas Education Code § 51.976, and SAM 05.C.01 is to provide proactive training on preventing sexual abuse and child molestation. All employees who are employed by, as well as other employees who are assigned to regularly work in any of the component university departments/areas (including volunteers) having the highest likelihood of contact with minors are required to complete Sexual Abuse and Child Molestation Training at least once every two years. The University of Houston System has created an online course, approved by the Texas State Department of Health Services (TSDHS), to ensure compliance.
The required training is available online via the UHS Online Training Access Portal (TAP) as listed in below:
Course ID & Name: AW_TRN_CPFM_FY16_FY17_RPT_BU
Please note the following to be used for log in:
- Employee ID: Enter your 7 digit employee/student id number
- Password: Your current PeopleSoft password (Used for E-Services, PeopleSoft, HRMS, and PASS)
- For assistance with PeopleSoft Password needs, please refer to the following PeopleSoft Password Request/Reset.
- Campus Program for Minors SAM 05.C.01
- UHCL CPFM Quick Reference Guide
- CPFM Program Overview Spreadsheet & Instructions (T21)
- ePOI-Person of Interest Form (Updated for CPFM)
- UHCL CPFM Background Check Consent Forms (T7)
- Texas State Department of Health Services CPFM Form-PDF (T7)