In addition to general coronavirus prevention guidance, employees are expected to practice the following workplace prevention practices:
Before coming to campus each day:
- Take your temperature
- Conduct a self-assessment of your health/infection exposure
- Assess whether you are exhibiting any Coronavirus Symptoms
Your presence on campus each day means that you have completed a daily assessment of your health/exposure and you:
- Are NOT exhibiting any Coronavirus Symptoms
- Have NOT tested positive for COVID-19
- Have NOT knowingly been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or suspected/presumed COVID-19
The current social distancing protocol is based on current CDC guidelines for unvaccinated and vaccinated individuals. As with all the guidance and protocols related to COVID-19, the University will adjust its guidance as necessary to reflect new information and findings.
- Respect others in communal or enclosed spaces including elevators by limiting entry.
Use of Face Cover
- UH-Clear Lake encourages face coverings for those employees working on-campus in situations where they are in close proximity (within 6 feet) of others. Wearing a mask on campus is now a personal choice. However, if you have not been vaccinated, you are encouraged to continue wearing a mask to keep yourself and your fellow Hawks safe.
Respiratory and Cough Etiquette
- If you are in a private setting and do not have on your cloth face covering, remember
to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use
the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Be generally aware of who you are in close contact with, especially for extended periods
of time, so that contact tracing can be performed if you become symptomatic.
- Provide information, as needed, to allow contact tracers from the University and the Health Department to conduct tracing.