Here, students, faculty and community partners stimulate fearless imagination through vibrant arts programming and centers of innovation where ideas become applied solutions that are good for the community and the world.
With your partnership, we will push new frontiers through Fearless Imagination. Your investment in any of these innovative and forward-thinking programs makes lasting impacts that change the world for the better. There are many ways to support Fearless Imagination at UHCL:
Bring stimulating, culturally diverse arts programs that spark imagination and lifelong learning. UHCL takes its role as a destination for the arts very seriously.
- Bayou Theater is the premier performing arts center and concert venue for Bay Area Houston. Each year, the Bayou Theater presents an exciting season of vibrant musical, dance and literary performances from around the world.
- UHCL Art Gallery is Bay Area Houston's premier venue for the visual arts created by living artists. Each year, the gallery presents a series of exhibitions highlighting the work of students and faculty, as well as regionally and nationally prominent artists.
Invest in ideas that are good for the world. Great ideas are a magnet for partnerships and investors. Within a growing number of centers and institutes, UHCL faculty, students and community partners work together on applied research, professional development, service projects and leadership opportunities to dramatically change lives and produce economic prosperity for our region and the world.
- Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities (CADD) provides services and resources to children, teens, adults and their families, supports research on autism and developmental disabilities, and trains current and future professionals in the fields of behavioral analysis.
- Center for Robotics Software integrates academia, government and industry partners to solve difficult technical problems in robotic manipulation and mobility in order to produce outstanding graduates, research, capabilities and products in Robotic Operating System software.
- Cyber Security Institute (CSI) provides research and education services to strengthen the region’s efforts of securing cyberspace and cyber systems. Faculty working with the center collaborate with community partners like researchers at the NASA Johnson Space Center, at high-tech companies in the region and faculty of other colleges and universities.
- Environmental Institute of Houston (EIH) works to advance understanding of the environment through interdisciplinary research, education and outreach and addresses regional issues of environmental concern.