Hawk Vaccination Incentive Program
Get vaccinated. Get a $50 gift card.
The University of Houston System is committed to the health and safety of all of our students, staff, and faculty. We encourage all within the UHCL community to get vaccinated for their health and safety and that of others.
To participate in the Hawk Vaccination Incentive Program, students and employees will upload proof of vaccination through tap.uhcl.edu.
Students: Log in to tap.uhcl.edu using your 7-Digit Student ID Number.
Once you have received your vaccination
Take a photo of your CDC vaccination card and upload it to tap.uhcl.edu. Once your vaccination card is validated, you will receive an email confirmation.
Once you have received your validation email
Students will bring their UHCL ID (Hawk Card) to Student Business Services on the 1st floor of the Student Services and Classroom Building (SSCB) Monday through Friday, between 10 and 11 a.m. or between 3 and 4 p.m. to pick up their $50 gift card.
Employees will bring a completed Exhibit B form and UHCL ID to Human Resources in the Bayou Building, 2nd floor either on Tuesdays, between 1 and 4:30 p.m., or on Fridays, between 8:30 a.m. and noon to pick up their $50 gift card.
Each Friday, there will be a random drawing of all validated ID numbers for additional incentive items. Get your validation submitted early!
Dates for drawings:
- Friday, Oct 8th
- Friday, Oct 15th
- Friday, Oct 22nd
- Friday, Oct 29th
- Friday, Nov 5th
Student Drawing Prizes:
- 20 free student parking permits each week (if you have already purchased one, your purchase will be refunded)
- 1 laptop computer each week– valued up to $1,500 to be purchased through the Campus bookstore
- One student will win tuition for a semester
UHCL Employee Drawing Prizes:
- 5 free parking permits each week (if you have already purchased one, your purchase will be refunded)
- 2 $100 Campus Bookstore Gift Certificates each week
You will need an electronic copy of your CDC Vaccination Card. Log in to tap.uhcl.edu and upload the file.
Yes, any student, regardless of the class load or modality is eligible.
Yes, even though the additional incentive program will end after the 5 weeks, the primary initiative will not end, every UHCL student or employee who reports their vaccination after the initial 5 weeks will still receive the initial incentive of the $50 gift card and will be included in our UHCL vaccination numbers.
The program begins Friday, October 4, 2021, and the additional incentive announcements will be made on the following Friday, for the next five weeks, ending on Friday, November 5, 2021. Students and staff can still report their vaccination status for a $50 gift card after November 5.
For every UHCL Student and Employee:
- $50 Gift Card,
- for Students, redeemable at the Student Business Services Office in the SSCB, first floor, Monday-Friday, from 10-11 a.m. or from 3-4 p.m.
- for Employees, redeemable at Human Resources, on Tuesdays, between 1 -4:30 p.m., or on Fridays, between 8:30 a.m. and noon.
- Additional Incentives drawn each Friday for five successive weeks:
- Weekly: 20 winners of an annual parking permit. If students have already purchased one, they will be refunded the purchase price
- Weekly: 1 student will get a free laptop, purchased through the Campus Bookstore, with a value of up to $1,500.
- Final: 1 student will get free tuition for the Semester, minus any grants or scholarships.
- Weekly 5 winners of an annual parking permit. If employees have already purchased one, they will be refunded the purchase price
- Weekly: 2 employees will get $100 Gift Card from the Campus Bookstore, eligible for in-store or online purchases.
For University Employees, yes. For Students, No.
- Because the $50 Gift Card is considered a cash equivalent, it is taxable regardless the value. University Employees will need to complete an Exhibit B form and turn that in in Human Resources when claiming a gift card.
- For all other incentive items, they are either considered an allowable cost of attendance for students (laptop, parking, tuition scholarship), and therefore not taxable, or are not a cash or cash equivalent or a small enough value (parking permit, Campus Bookstore gift card) and are not taxable.
UHCL wants every student and employee to get vaccinated, but we understand there will be certain individuals, who for religious or medical reasons cannot. Those individuals can request either a religious exemption or medical exemption. Once the exemption is approved, submit your approved exemption certificate to tap.uhcl.edu, just as you would your CDC vaccination card.
You can still catch COVID-19, and you can still spread it to others. Vaccinations significantly reduce the risk of catching or spreading the COVID-19 virus and significantly reduce the effects if you do become positive.