It is necessary to place a 14-day self-quarantine restriction on students, faculty and staff who have been in close proximity (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or for those who develop symptoms of COVID-19. During this quarantine, access to any UH-Clear Lake campus is prohibited. Individuals may return to campus once they have received written approval to do so.
General Self-Quarantine Guidelines
- Stay home (or other location approved by your local health department). Do not go
to school, work, public areas, or attend large gatherings.
- If you need urgent medical care, call your healthcare provider.
- Postpone all non-essential medical appointments until you are out of self-quarantine.
- Do not participate in any campus activities or come to campus.
- Stay away from public areas including grocery stores, malls, theaters and large public
gathering spaces. Utilize delivery services instead.
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home.
- Monitor your symptoms and if they develop or worsen then call your health care provider
BEFORE seeking in-person care.
- Do not use public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Postpone any travel. If travel is absolutely necessary, coordinate with your local
health department. If you travel and become ill, you may not be able to return home.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene.
You should follow these self-monitoring guidelines:
- Measure your temperature twice a day.
- Make note of any of the following possible signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or measured temperature of 100.0°F
- Known close contact with a COVID-19 positive person within the last 14 days
- Call ahead before you go to your doctor’s office or to an emergency room. Tell them your symptoms and disclose any prior travel.
Students Under Self-Quarantine
Students should ask professors for permission to perform academic work remotely if they are in a Bimodal course. Students who do not feel comfortable contacting professors directly can contact the Self-Quarantine Academic Coordinator for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees Under Self-Quarantine
Employees may be able to work remotely, with supervisor and Human Resources approval. Supervisors will inform employees whether remote work is permitted and how to report their time (whether sick leave or vacation leave will be required) during the self-quarantine period. Contact Human Resources by emailing Kristen or Erika to determine other leave options.
Returning to Campus
Written approval is required before any employees or students may return to campus after quarantine or isolation. To request approval, please fill out the appropriate form below and standby for written approval.
- Student Request to Return to Campus
- Employee Request to Return to Work after Quarantine or Isolation
Personal Travel Plans
The university recommends that everyone in the community examine your personal travel plans and make changes or take precautions where necessary. The university encourages the community to heed all U.S. government travel warnings related to COVID-19. Refer to these links to view the latest warnings:
More UH-Clear Lake COVID-19 Information
- Support Services
- Employee Info
- Health and Safety
- Face Coverings
- COVID-19 Cases