Our community standards for health and safety are a shared responsibility for everyone at our campus locations:
- If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, stay home.
- Students, submit a Report of of Diagnosis/Symptoms Form. If you have been exposed but are not displaying symptoms, submit an Exposure Form.
- Employees, submit an Exposure or Diagnosis Form.
- Wear a face covering.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more from others.
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.
- Protocols for Employees
- Protocols for Students
Before coming to campus each day:
- Take your temperature
- Conduct a self-assessment of your health/infection exposure
- Assess whether you are exhibiting any Coronavirus Symptoms
Your presence on campus means that you have completed a daily assessment of your health/exposure and you:
- Are NOT exhibiting any Coronavirus Symptoms
- Have NOT tested positive for COVID-19
- Have NOT knowingly been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or suspected/presumed COVID-19
Cleaning and Sanitization
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed in all campus buildings.
- Facilities and Maintenance staff are required to wipe highly touched surfaces, including handrails, push/pull door handles, drinking fountains, and tables, throughout the day.
- Facilities and Maintenance staff will also conduct thorough sanitization of all classrooms, labs, common areas, and office suites.
- University Facilities Services continues to monitor CDC recommendations regarding daily routine cleaning and will adjust accordingly.
Until further notice, the University of Houston-Clear Lake, including the Pearland and the Texas Medical Center locations, requires face coverings for all students, employees and visitors while on campus. More information and full details can be found on the Face Coverings webpage.
- Keep at least 6 feet of separation from other individuals. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
- Schedule virtual meetings instead of physical meetings and hold physical meetings in well-ventilated spaces with chairs at least 6 feet apart.
- Minimize the use of other workers’ phones, devices, tools and equipment.
- Respect others in communal or enclosed spaces including elevators by limiting entry to 2 people at a time.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Be aware of who you are in close contact with, especially for extended periods of time, so that contact tracing can be performed if you become symptomatic.
More UH-Clear Lake COVID-19 Information
- Support Services
- Employee Info
- Health and Safety
- Face Coverings
- COVID-19 Cases