What is Be the Change?
Be the Change is the student giving initiative at UHCL. Collect your spare change in your piggy bank to help raise money toward scholarships. When your piggy bank is full, drop off your collected change at the University Advancement Office, Bayou Building 1604, or at any Be the Change activity.
How can I get involved?
- Pick up a pig from a Be the Change event or at the University Advancement Office, B1604
- Donate change
- Volunteer to help out at a Be the Change event on campus
- Participate in student giving brainstorming sessions
How do I care for my pig?
- Decorate your piggy bank and make it yours!
- Fill it with your loose change, dollar bills or even checks
- Watch your email for the latest information, events and contests (bring your pig, too!)
What does caring for a Be the Change pig do for me?
Besides being a cool keepsake, Be the Change makes it easy and painless to give a little something back - in a feel good, philanthropic way to your soon-to-be alma mater. It kicks off your experience as a UHCL alumni, a bond that you will have forever. Saving can be a challenge, but Be the Change is an opportunity to be an active participant in your campus community!
Fall 2016 Be the Change Activities:
- New Student Orientations
- Transfer Student Orientations
- International Student Resource Fair
- Welcome Back Bash - Friday, Aug. 26, 5-8 p.m., Bayou Building
- I Heart UHCL Day - Wednesday, Oct. 12,, Atrium II, Bayou Building