Williams A. Staples Support Staff Association Scholarship
The UHCL Support Staff Association* was established to provide representation in the
university's shared governance structure, to promote positive communication, coordination
and unity between the support staff and the university community, and to promote opportunities
for the professional development of support staff members
*Note: In recent years, the UHCL Support Staff and Professional Staff Associations merged together to form the University Staff Association. This organization is inclusive and supportive of both professional and support staff.
The USA Scholarship Committee seeks applications from qualified UHCL employees. Financial need is not a factor in selecting a recipient. However, incomplete or illegible applications will not be accepted.
This scholarship opportunity is open to all eligible UHCL employees who meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in credit-based courses and working towards a degree at UHCL
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student attending one or more courses at UHCL
- Must complete a one-page essay (criteria below)
- Must submit a complete application packet
- Typed, double-spaced, with 12-point font and 1-inch margins
- Must not exceed one page in length
- Include your objective for taking the course(s)
- Include an explanation of how the course(s) benefit you in your current/future roles at UHCL
- Include your involvement and notable contributions to USA/UHCL within the past year
- Completed USA Scholarship Application
- Completed essay (must be formatted as required)
- Verification of successful course completion (may be in the form of a grade report, unofficial transcript, or certificate of completion)
For additional information regarding this scholarship, please reach out to Bernie Streeter, our Scholarship Committee Chair, via email at email@example.com.