The support staff council began in 1987 and officially became a recognized organization of the University of Houston-Clear Lake. In September 1995, a name and constitution change took place and Support Staff Council became Support Staff Association.
All new and current support staff employees (clerical, custodial, etc.) are encouraged to join SSA. There are no membership fees. The only requirement is that you are a full-time employee. Everyone is invited to attend the open meetings on the first Thursday of each month.
- To provide representation in the Shared Governance structure in all matters relating to the welfare, opportunities, responsibilities and administration of the UHCL support staff both internally and externally>
- To promote positive and meaningful communication, coordination, and unity between the support staff and faculty members, students, administration and with other elements of the university.
- To promote opportunities for the professional development of the support staff members.
Elected Members of the Board 2015 - 2016:
President - Vanessa Cubides
- President Elect - Venus Turner
- Treasurer - Nora Martinez
- Corresponding Secretary - Laura Wilder
- Recording Secretary - Rachel Jones
- Historian - J. Gutierrez
- FSSC Representative - Kim Edwards
- FSSC Alternate - Monica McKey
- ULC Representative - Keith Daniels
- ULC Alternate - Caye Trahan
- PBC Representative -Steve Boardman
- PBC Alternate - Jamie Hester
- Webmaster - Lee Ann Wheelbarger
SSA will support and host the following annual events.
- Harvest Fair
- Holiday Luncheon
- Spring Luncheon
- Friday breakfast table.
Employee of the Quarter
Support and encourage your staff and nominate them for SSA employee of the Quarter