The Exercise and Nutritional Health Institute is an internationally renowned institute for the study of exercise, nutrition and rehabilitation outcomes. Through a unique healthcare and university partnership, participants are empowered by evidence-based exercise and nutritional services, education and research to prevent and overcome disease and disability, becoming champions of their own health.
ENHI is a community-based research, education and training institute to improve the health and functional performance of individuals in Bay Area Houston through the implementation of evidence-based exercise, nutrition and rehabilitation interventions and experimental assessment of emerging techniques and technologies.
Helping You Maintain Your Progress
- We involve faculty from multiple colleges, medical doctors, allied health professionals and students who are focused on health-related research.
- The Institute is housed in UHCL’s 83,000-square-foot Recreation and Wellness Center, utilizing three state-of-the-art labs and general exercise space.
- We evaluate clients to fit certain health criteria, then enroll them in specific programs designed to improve their health outcomes.
- For a nominal monthly fee, members receive a routine health and performance screening, an evidence-based prescription that is monitored by trainers, and dietary advice from a nutritionist.
- Members can volunteer to participate in research studies or novel exercise and nutritional interventions.