The University of Houston System and its universities are committed to maintaining and strengthening an educational, working and living environment where students, faculty, staff, and visitors are free from discrimination and harassment of any kind. Discrimination and harassment are antithetical to the standards and ideals of the University. The University will take appropriate action in an effort to eliminate discrimination and harassment from occurring, prevent its recurrence and address its effects.
- George Floyd Resource Document: Critical Race Theory Resource (PDF)
- E.C.L.I.P.S.E - An aggressive and culturally competent approach to increase inclusion (PPTX)
- Piloting a New Approach to Advising with Faculty - EAB Conference 2019 (PPTX)
Diversity and Inclusion Talking Points
- Empathy Deficit: because people only want to reinforce views they already have, no one wants to be
challenged or stretch.
- Moment vs Movement: it's not a moment in time, it's a movement over time.
- When scholars of color finish speaking and someone says: that was something WE needed
- The Big Equation: Expectation minus Reality equals Disappointment
Project HOPE (Honoring Other People's Experiences)
Delivery, discussion and exposure opportunities available.
Three Main Ingredients:
- Identifying the urgency of transformative purpose in our Inclusive Leadership Excellence.
- The representation of a shift, not the essence of our existence, but in how we communicate it and carry it out.
- Platinum Rule Engagement: doing unto others as they would have done unto them, not what we want done unto them.