The EDIT office serves all members of the UHCL community. Our partner, the Office of Student Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a resource for student programming and support.
University of Houston-Clear Lake Diversity and Inclusion Position Statement
UHCL embraces inclusion and cultivates diversity at all levels of the institution. We welcome students, staff, faculty, and partners of different nationalities, races, ethnicities, ages, religions, gender identified and expressions, sexual orientations, and physical and mental abilities into our family. We celebrate our status as a Hispanic-serving institution. We value identify through the lens of intersectionality and strive to create an inclusive community that develops well-rounded individuals who contribute to the global society. Our contributions, creativity, lived experiences, and vibrant diversity enrich our classrooms, our communities, and the world at large.
The mission of the Office of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion/Title IX (EDIT) at the UHCL is simple, it is to promote an academically, socially and culturally inclusive and enriching climate, leveraged for all members of the UHCL community and beyond. One where its members are free to learn, expand and challenge. EDIT also seeks to foster the platform that recognizes citizenship as well as scholarship in student and community development. Through inclusive leadership excellence and strategic planning, we purpose to empower students, faculty, and staff in building a diverse and inclusive campus community. The Office of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion/Title IX strives to be transformative in purpose…facilitating actionable and sustainable efforts to transition our community into a space where all will be positioned for growth and one’s voice and value recognized, in an ever-changing global community.
Over the next 3 to 5 years, the Office for Equity, Diversity, Inclusion/Title IX (EDIT) will set out to posture itself as a resource with subject matter expertise for the following: diversity, equity, inclusion, title ix, affirmative action, cultural competence and inclusive leadership excellence…to also be an office of industry leading practitioners for the UHCL community and beyond. As critically aligned with the universities Strategic plan, purposing to assist UHCL in achieving its mission as a regional, public access, comprehensive HSI. EDIT’s vision for excellence includes transforming itself and higher education by attracting, retaining and leveraging the talents of diverse individuals to facilitate first-rate teaching, learning, scholarship and service in a welcoming and inclusive climate.
- Disability Discrimination (Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Sex Discrimination (Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972)
- Race and National Origin Discrimination (Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
- Dear Colleague Letters and Other Policy Guidance
IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act)
WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act)
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended through P.L. 114–95
- Text of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (PDF, 505KB)
Higher Education Act
- Text of the Higher Education Opportunity Act
- Higher Education Opportunity Act Information Page
- Postsecondary Policy Initiatives
- Dear Partner/Colleague Letters
- Negotiated Rulemaking
- Foreign Gifts and Contracts--Section 117 of the Higher Education Act of 1965
Regulations and Rulemaking
- Improving Regulation and Regulatory Review
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (eCFR), Title 34, Education
- Recent Federal Register Documents
Search and Screen
In the News
- Diversity Work, Interrupted
- Oklahoma College Recruiter Lined Up High School Students by Skin Color and Hair Type
- U of Illinois Jewish Faculty Split on Anti-Semitism Complaint