- Observation requests are accepted at the beginning of each semester term. Requests submitted earlier than the beginning of each semester term will not be processed.
- Fall Observations begin after the 2nd week in September and end the last week of
- Fall Observation Requests will not be considered after the second week of November
- Spring Observations begin after the 3rd week in January and end the last week of March
- Spring Observation Requests will not be considered after the second week of March
- Field Experience Requests and course rosters are to be submitted to CPDT.
- Instructors are to provide to students a Verification Letter of admission or enrollment
in coursework toward teacher certification prior to their meeting with the Director
of Personnel Services.
- Placements will be determined by Human Resources and the various campuses. Neither
students, nor instructors are to contact the district/campuses regarding placements
until student receives approval letter and contact instructions.
- Human Resources will notify CPDT of eligibility status and placement assignments.
CPDT will notify instructors.
- Contact the Director of Personnel Services, Kristi Amarantos, to schedule a brief
appointment at email@example.com
- On the day of your scheduled appointment, bring your driver’s license or state identification
card and a letter from your college, university, or alternative certification program
as verification of your admission or enrollment in coursework toward teacher certification.
- During your scheduled appointment, you will be asked to complete a Consent to Perform
Criminal History Background Check form, DPS Name-Based search form, and a Field Experience/Observation
- You will be emailed or given a letter of approval for observations within five business
days from your appointment. The letter will include who to contact on each campus
to schedule your observation dates and times.
- Print the letter and take a copy of it with you to each campus on your scheduled observation